Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Does anyone know of a diagram or picture that identifies each grease fitting and it's location on a 2014 Ranger 570 LE? Is there a link out there or perhaps a document that describe how many and their exact location?

Thanks!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I found 13, anyone see any others?

I have found 15 fittings/zerks on my 2014 570 LE. What Im unsure of is if there are any more, particularly if there is one for the Power Steering.

(4) Upfront: 2 inside control arm (left side)
2 inside control arm (right side)

(10 ) Rear: 2 inside upper control arm (left side)
2 inside upper control arm (right side)
2 inside lower control arm (left side)
2 inside lower control arm (right side)
2 on rear stabilizer bar pivots (left and right) directly behind rear shocks.

(1) Transmission Yoke (located under the PVT belt housing on drivers side)

·
Registered
244 Posts
When you guys call them zerks, I call them nipples, we talking about the same thing?

Also, what kind of grease and grease gun do you guys use. I see polaris has their own grease and grease gun you can buy. Should I go with that or is there a cheaper/better alternative? And how often should they be greased?

Thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Sledder,
Yes, "zerk", "fitting", and "nipple" are all the same and used interchangeably. As far as the grease gun, I use a basic hand-held single lever grease gun that you can get at any auto parts store that fits a full size tube of grease. What is important is that you use a synthetic grease that is water resistant...you can get that at a Polaris dealer or autoparts or you can use "marine" grease as well.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hi Sledder,
Yes, "zerk", "fitting", and "nipple" are all the same and used interchangeably. As far as the grease gun, I use a basic hand-held single lever grease gun that you can get at any auto parts store that fits a full size tube of grease. What is important is that you use a synthetic grease that is water resistant...you can get that at a Polaris dealer or autoparts or you can use "marine" grease as well.
Awesome thanks for the info. How often do you grease? After every ride? It probably says in the manual I bet eh?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry, I forgot to answer that in your first post. It's one of those "it depends" answers. A lot of it has to do with the type of riding and where you are riding (ie...intense riding causing more work on suspension as well as water, dirt, mud). My philosophy on greasing any mechanical thing (lawn mower, wave runner, truck, car, UTV) is that it doesn't take much time or $ to do. It will retain the life of your components that require grease....that being said, I will probably grease mine every 15-20 hours. You will better be able to gauge that based upon how much grease will it take when you grease it. Each fitting/nipple should take about 3 good pumps. If you feel grease begins to come out of the joint after 1 pump, you are probably good vs it taking 3 pumps. It's also good to push the old grease out with the new grease even if it doesn't need grease, that way you will always have a good quality grease with viscosity working for you.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PS - the manual's maintenance chart calls for 50 Hours or 6 months for all suspension and shift linkage lubrication. This can be found on page 58 of the 2014 Ranger 570 Owner's Manual.

·
Registered
378 Posts
pneumatic grease gun

Getting into tight spaces to operate a grease gun isn't as easy as it used to be. So, I got a Lincoln pneumatic grease gun. Saahhwwweeeetttt! Never used one so I had no idea how slick they were.8)8)

·
Registered
244 Posts
sorry, I forgot to answer that in your first post. It's one of those "it depends" answers. A lot of it has to do with the type of riding and where you are riding (ie...intense riding causing more work on suspension as well as water, dirt, mud). My philosophy on greasing any mechanical thing (lawn mower, wave runner, truck, car, UTV) is that it doesn't take much time or $ to do. It will retain the life of your components that require grease....that being said, I will probably grease mine every 15-20 hours. You will better be able to gauge that based upon how much grease will it take when you grease it. Each fitting/nipple should take about 3 good pumps. If you feel grease begins to come out of the joint after 1 pump, you are probably good vs it taking 3 pumps. It's also good to push the old grease out with the new grease even if it doesn't need grease, that way you will always have a good quality grease with viscosity working for you.
That's awesome info, thanks very much

·
Registered
7 Posts
And 2 on the rear sway arm brackets/bushings.
Opps, wrong forum. Thought it was a 900 crew. Sorry.

I have found 13 fittings/zerks on my 570 LE. What Im unsure of is if there are any more, particularly if there is one for the Power Steering.

(4) Upfront: 2 inside control arm (left side)

(8) Rear: 2 inside upper control arm (left side)

·
Registered
144 Posts
15 fittings on a 15 Ranger 570 mid size.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
If you are seeing 15 fittings, What are the additional two that are not accounted for in the 13 that I identified below?
4) Upfront: 2 inside control arm (left side)

(8 ) Rear: 2 inside upper control arm (left side)

·
Registered
144 Posts
2 fittings on the sway bar.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks...but im wondering if that is a difference between model year 2014 570 vs 2015 570. if you happen to have a pic of the fittings on the sway bar location, send them my way, as I am unable to see that on my 2014 570.

·
Registered
22 Posts
thanks...but im wondering if that is a difference between model year 2014 570 vs 2015 570. if you happen to have a pic of the fittings on the sway bar location, send them my way, as I am unable to see that on my 2014 570.
My 2015 ETX has the same 13 fittings that you describe, I don't see any on the sway bar either.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
that is good to know. I went over my 2014 thoroughly and im certain there are only 13. Maybe Dogrunner is calling one the "swaybar" fitting, when in fact it is one of the ones already described in the list of 13.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The two points where the sway bar is attached to the frame each have a fitting for a total of 15.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The two points where the sway bar is attached to the frame each have a fitting for a total of 15.
DogRunner, you are absolutely correct! There is one on each side, pointing forward toward the shock absorber. I kept looking for them to face rearwards.

Here is a pic of mine on the drivers side.

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
If someone wanted to make some money, they could make a video showing all these locations and post it to youtube. I'm kind of surprised that someone hasn't already.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts