Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all. I just joined this forum but I am also a member at PRC and enjoy hanging out and discussing Ranger RZR related topics.

I'm retired, 55 and used to be the GM at a large Honda, Kawasaki & KTM dealership along the Hatfield McCoy trail system between WV and KY. I have always been a Polaris fan and owned four Sportsman 500s prior to getting the RZR this summer.

My hunting club has almost 3000 acres full of trails for members to enjoy. If not for that there would be no sense to even own an ATV here in NY with the restrictive attitude and absolute ban on riding on state owned land.

Me and my wife love the RZR and although not a perfect machine it sure is great for us older folks who prefer the relaxed ride over the pounding of a Quad. I know there are many bugs to be worked out on this new machine and I can sure sympathize with those who have reliability problems. I won't have much appreciation for those who stop in for the purpose of bashing every time they have a problem. The RZR is not the machine for everyone and in my opinion if you have alot of race in your blood then you probably should buy something more race ready.
It weighs a thousand pounds and has a long wheel base so it will bottom out alot more then a quad. Of all the SxS machines out there, this is the one I like the best because it seems to do all the things I want it to with ease. I like the full size Rangers and the Rhinos just as well but neither of them are as well suited for the trails I ride.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Welcome to PRF glad to have you here. I have the fullsize but with property and the need for hauling I had to buy it. However The RZR will be in my future. Please post up some pictures of your trail rides in the photo section and maybe give everyone a heads up in the Chapter Section so we can get some rides up. I believe in meet and greet, not everyone can make them, but it is fun to go other places and meet new people. I hope you enjoy the site.

Josh

1 - 2 of 2 Posts