Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share with everyone about the new mud guards I have on my 2016 Ranger XP 900-6.

I bought my Ranger a few months ago, and I was having a issue with mud piling up on my skid plates in the rear. Did some research and couldn't find anything that I was looking for, I wanted something that looked factory and clean.

I was in our local ATV/UTV store and met Randy from Grizzz Tek, he specializes in the Generals but was very open to making something up for the Rangers. So after a few weeks of him creating the design and templets, he came up with a complete set for the driver side and half for the passenger side. He is still working to make something for around the exhaust but there is concern for heat build up.

I have been testing these for a few weeks now and am extremely happy with the out come! I've been running two different types of mounting hardware, both 1/4-20 thread, but one an allen head and the other a knob style for quick access. Still able to change a belt on the trail with ease. He has a lot of great ideas and I can't wait for the final product, there are a few things he is going to change and then they should be on his website.

Here are a few pics of the mud guards, it has been great to not have to spray out layers of mud when we get home from riding!!

Hope this helps guys that are in the same "Need" that I was.

Jake

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
I made my own from a set of truck mud flaps. Why they don't have something from the factory is beyond me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I looked at quite a few options of things people had done, but I really wanted a clean factory look, and these fit the bill of everything I was looking for. I'm not sure why they leave such gapping holes in there where it can get clogged up with so much mud? Hopefully I can get with Randy at Grizzz Tek soon and figure out the piece for around the exhaust.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really thought these would have a lot more interest or positive feedback..... I know when I was looking I couldn't find anything.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anything that helps and doesn't hinder will be a hit with the Ranger owners. I think maybe some were awaiting to see if there is a resolve on the exhaust side of things yet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anything that helps and doesn't hinder will be a hit with the Ranger owners. I think maybe some were awaiting to see if there is a resolve on the exhaust side of things yet.
Yeah, now that I'm back from vacation I'm going to get with Grizzz Tek and see what he has come up with. I've seen a few that just cover the exhuast, but I worry about heat build up. I've used these quite a bit and have been really satisfied with them, I'll keep you posted on what he comes up with.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would sure be interested when he gets all done. They have to help in keeping mud out of hard clean places. Imo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts