Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not April 3rd yet but I wanted to go ahead and let you know that you are getting older! :2funny: I hope you have a Happy Birthday.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Ha Ha! When you get my age, any day you wake up and can go for a ride is a great day!

I am getting a bit depressed though because my best friend just sold his house here yesterday and is enroute to SC to look for a new home to move to.

The NE is a real nice place but it sure does get expensive and makes for hard living when we have 8 months of lousy weather.

I hope he finds what he is searching for but I can tell him from experience there just is no place like home.

The trout season opens on April 1st. so I usually try to plan a day of fishing for my birthday if the weather cooperates at all. It's always nice getting out after a long and boring winter but I often get skunked by the weather and we should get some more snow again tonight. Won't be much and it won't last long but it does dampen the spirits when all you are looking forward to is warm and sunny days.

A few years back I was Ice fishing on my birthday so forgive me if I don't subscribe to all this Global Warming Hog Wash.

Thanks for the Early well wishes Josh and it will be fine with me if you just send some of your sun in our direction.

Gary

·
Registered
269 Posts
Happy Birthday Gary, I hope the weather is great for your Birthday fishing trip and catch a couple for me. O0

·
Registered
635 Posts
Happy happy, the good news is this coming Wednesday will near 50 deg. so you'll see that three days behind us.. Chin up old chap, you don't need to start winterizing till September..

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Thanks CB and GPER. We've been getting close to the 50 mark durring the day but still down in the teens in the mornings so it takes a while to feel the warm up. Most of the snow is gone but the ground is still frozen and I wish that would thaw so I can burry the wire for my invisible dog fence. A couple of days of spring rains ought to do it.

Saw my first bear of the season yesterday and it was looking pretty scraggly and mighty hungry. Time to start packing the heat when I walk in the woods from now on.

It will be nice to see a little more activity around the forum and I suspect that will happen as the weather gets nicer and more of us get out to do some riding in the next few weeks.

I suppose the area up by you, CB, is still like it is here and that you should be getting close like me.

I am surprised we are not hearing much from you southern guys because this is about the nicest time of year down there and I loved hitting the Hatfield McCoy trails from mid March thru June before it got too hot and dusty.

Gary

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Ha Ha! You won't find any Northerner to do your dirty work! ;D

It's probably still too cold for you Wusses and we'de be out there loving it in short sleeves!

Gary

·
Registered
477 Posts
Happy Birthday, man! You're gonna look at the little age thingy under your picture and it's not gonna say "55" anymore. How rude!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Happy Birthday Gary, and many many more!! Talk about getting old, Josh and I were talking about you last evening, and I can't remember what it was about!! I think it was about a trailer, remind me what it was about Josh.

Larry G.

·
Registered
507 Posts
56 years old, WOW. The next accessory you will need to add is the stainless handicap grab bar for getting in and out of the RZR :2funny: Just joking. Heck, my dad still goes on ATV trips with me, and he is 75. You still have 20 good years ahead of you yet.

Happy Birthday

·
Registered
4 Posts
a day late for the birthday wish but you probably haven't got thru them all because of the naps . hope you have a great year and keep the e-mails coming. al

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Thanks to all! Not doing too bad for a guy who swore he would never make it to 30!

Candles on my cake! Last year the wife bought a set of the large number candles. Couldn't use it because it was 0-9 and she needed two 5s. She is happy this year about that purchase!

The snow plow is the Polaris Glacier 2 mounting system and the 56" straight blade with the rubber splash flap on top. Works great.

Now you can all quit bustin my chops and reminding me! :2funny:

Gary

1 - 16 of 16 Posts