Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my ranger back today with new belt and new clutch cover. I brought it home took it off the trailer and all of a sudden it's really hard to shift out of low. I was driving in low for about 15 min to break in the belt when I went to change into high it wouldn't move at all. I forced it into high but now it's really hard to shift into any gear. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
442 Posts
The most common reason is a high idle. If you're still idling normally (1100rpms+/-) I'd give the person who did the work a quick call. They might ask you bring it back to check the work. Could also be a seized primary bearing but I kinda doubt it, a little to coincidental.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's funny but my idle usually is at about 950-1000. I just know it wasnt happening before I took it in so maybe it's a coincidence but I'm not sure. It will be back at the dealer in the morning. I will post what they say. Thanks for the advice

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so the dealer says that the clutch has belt debris in the needle bearings and they have to order the price to take the clutch apart so it will be about 2 weeks before I know exactly what's wrong

·
Registered
442 Posts
Holy cow man, that seems like a long time for that. I haven't actually changed that bearing myself but I think it takes only 1 very common special tool to do it. I could be wrong but the way it was explained to me by someone who has it shouldn't be a huge deal. Maybe the bearing is hard to get?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update: turns out my clutch was bad and Polaris is fixing it under warranty. They are also paying me back for my belt, inner clutch cover and labor I had to spend because of it. Sweet!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts