Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello helping out on a friends 2019 570 that has been having trouble starting for awhile and now has completely stopped starting.

Started off as hard starting especially when engine cold better if it has been driven within the last half hour. Depressing the accelerator pedal usually seem to allow it to start in those cases. Also noticed some stumble and lag when accelerating hard. Because of this fuel pump regulator and filter were all replaced together the issue seemed slightly better at first but still same symptoms persisted and now it is to the point where it will not start at all, just cranks and the occasional sputter like it's trying to start.

Working on acquiring the gauges to test fuel pressure and compression but have neither at the moment. Strong fuel spray when pump primes I know that is no indication of actual pressure but seems very unlikely for both new and previous pump to display the same issue.

Machine does have 8,500 mi into my knowledge has never had vows adjusted or any sort of engine work. Piecing together information on here looks like valves getting tight and somewhat of a known issue, does this seem to fit the bill given these symptoms?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm not an expert on these, but if you have proper fuel pressure, then yes I would check valve clearances. I've had older motorcycles that acted the same way.

·
Registered
544 Posts
You're on the right track. Test fuel pressure first - it's easiest and you can usually pick up a pressure test kit on loan from your local auto parts store. Next test valve clearances. If that checks out, then compression and leakdown tests are next.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2014 570 was doing the same thing. I checked everything covered in the service manual except for valve settings. I sea foamed the gas tank and ran sea foam spray thru the throttle body. It solved my problems after a few days. Runs much better now. Mine only has about 3,000 miles on it. Not as high as yours.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts