Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my new RZR, having difficulty controlling throtle. Seems very quick and jumpy when trying to ease into a situation like loading or backing into a very tight situation

·
Registered
635 Posts
Welcome to the club, I too noticed that behavior and found when I rest the outside of my foot against the center counsel it relieved a lot of that by having my foot stabilized..

·
Registered
507 Posts
I hadn't noticed that on mine, because it is always to the floor ;D. Seriously, it is kind of twitchy. Some guys are adding a stiffer throttle spring which they claim helps. I have become acustomed to mine, so it does not bother me.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I did this and it completely solved the problem for me.

I made a board cut to the contour of the tunnel and screwed it from below. Then used spray adhesive and some cheap car carpet from Advanced auto and stuck it on the foot rest and the floor where my foot was sliding around. I also put a strip of grip type rubber on the face of the pedal.

Gary

·
Registered
30 Posts
Look on Ebay under "Polaris RZR". I got a bigger spring from a company in AZ. for about $14. It works great. And I also think 14" wheels helped too. 8)

·
Registered
181 Posts
A friend of mine and I added an extension spring to his and he made some floor mats out of a piece of rubber mat about 3/4 of an inch thick and that solve problem for him!

Mark

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
My brother bought and installed the heavier spring. I did my fix shown above.

Even with the heavy spring if your foot is no stable and is slipping around then it is a self perpetuating problem when the machine jerks your body and foot jerk and the throttle jerks as a result.

I do not need a heavier spring now that my foot can be planted on a non slip surface and can rest on the side against a higher tunnel just as it does in my car or truck.

Either fix seems to help but even with the jerky throttle as it comes from the factory it is still a million times better then the sore thumb and wrist I used to have every time I spent the day out on the ATV! O0

Gary

1 - 7 of 7 Posts