Polaris Ranger Forum banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've seen several posts and comments from individuals over the last few weeks who have stated that Polaris is already building 2022 year model Rangers. I'm wondering if anyone has actually taken delivery of a 2022 model or know first hand of one that has been delivered to a dealer for resale? I still have a 2021 on order with an estimated ship time of August 23 - October 5, which Polaris has assured me will remain a 2021 model. I'm doubtful that Polaris has actually started producing 2022 models when they still haven't completed 2021 orders, but I've seen several people say for certain that Polaris is currently building 2022 models.
I’ve just spent the weekend our newly purchased land with my also newly 2022 Ranger EV.

Polaris apparently put little thought into the development of what could have been the best multipurpose hunting machines that I have ever used but for now let’s talk about the Ranger EV.

I was worried about how the deer would react to the whine of electrons as compared to a combustion engine and was able to hear their reaction Friday night as we eased downhill through the woods. We were pleasantly surprised by the shears number of deer that we passed in 400 yards all of them blowing at us. I’m looking forward to wrapping my headlights in red and watching their reactions.

Because I have new toy, I drove slowly around the heavily wooded property jumping lots of deer due to almost silent slow running. It gets to 25 as quick as a rabbit, fast enough for anything on my land and went up 25-35 degree dry road inclines with no effort at all. It’s powered by 8 12 volt lead acid batteries in parallel to keep the 48 volts. If I remember my electricity correctly, this provides more raw power as compared to a 72 volt EV. There are 3 drive modes to help extend battery life with switch selectable 1 rear, 2 rear differential or 4 wheel drive the electric shift that keeps you hands free to help steer.

This Ranger needs power steering and someone really screwed the pooch with the decision to title an existing Ranger as an EV.

I believe that Polaris missed a big opportunity and the future will tell. Instead of building a EV, they adapted an existing one that admittedly, is very well done but could have set the standard for EV side by sides and the lack of power steering is a blatant example. The cup holders suck too.

My first opinion after our weekend with the Ranger is that it is more capable handling any task normally accomplished with a gas engine. I like the fact that the batteries are recyclable as compared to slave labor built ones. Do purchase the battery watering kit.

Polaris is going to sell a lot of these and despite the shortcomings I am really happy with mine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've seen several posts and comments from individuals over the last few weeks who have stated that Polaris is already building 2022 year model Rangers. I'm wondering if anyone has actually taken delivery of a 2022 model or know first hand of one that has been delivered to a dealer for resale? I still have a 2021 on order with an estimated ship time of August 23 - October 5, which Polaris has assured me will remain a 2021 model. I'm doubtful that Polaris has actually started producing 2022 models when they still haven't completed 2021 orders, but I've seen several people say for certain that Polaris is currently building 2022 models.
ordered a 2021 in June, was told in Sept that Polaris was going to switch it to a 2022 and Saturday Nov 20 I finally picked it up and it was a 2022 for the same price as a 2021 , no price increase for me. 😅

·
Registered
26 Posts
ordered a 2021 in June, was told in Sept that Polaris was going to switch it to a 2022 and Saturday Nov 20 I finally picked it up and it was a 2022 for the same price as a 2021 , no price increase for me. 😅
I ordered mine in June, Received an email from Polaris this week saying it will be schedule to build on 11/24/21 - 1/8/21 And my dealer told me couple weeks ago between 11/24 - Dec 17th it should be here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can anyone help with rear seat covers. Can’t believe that Polaris, Carhart, Cover craft does not make a rear seat cover for vehicle. I was told only the front seat. I realize rear seat opens for storage but would sacrifice that for a cover for dogs to sit on
Thx

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm at day 103. I can't believe Polaris hasn't even made 1 high lifter yet. I check YouTube everyday hoping to see what I ordered over 3 months ago. The pictures on the Polaris website are identical to the '21 high lifter so it's obvious the color scheme was photoshopped just for their website.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’ve been waiting since August for a Northstar Trail Boss! Was told by dealer late Nov to early Dec but Polaris email says Feb to March! Hoping dealer knows something Polaris doesn’t but not holding my breath!

Nice walkthrough of one(not mine) on YouTube showing differences between 21 and 22!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
I’ve been waiting since August for a Northstar Trail Boss! Was told by dealer late Nov to early Dec but Polaris email says Feb to March! Hoping dealer knows something Polaris doesn’t but not holding my breath!

Nice walkthrough of one(not mine) on YouTube showing differences between 21 and 22!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I don’t think the dealers know too much. A lot of them saying faster timeframes I think to make the customer feel better.

·
Premium Member
2011 Ranger xp 800, 2022 NS Trail Boss in transit
145 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011 Ranger xp 800, 2022 NS Trail Boss in transit
145 Posts
The dealer advised my NS Trail Boss arrived on Friday, but the cab mounted mirrors aren't expected until January, and the bed extender may not arrive until Friday.

We scheduled pick up on Friday morning.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts