Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we took the Ranger on it's first real test. We rode witha group of about 45 people most of them on 4-wheelers. The Ranger dominated. We made it through the worst that Crosby had to offer and never once got stuck. It's still surprising me more every time I take it out and just how much these things will go through.

·
Registered
635 Posts
That's a great picture, I used to use those streams to wash the mud off.. Here's why we have no mud right now..

·
Registered
477 Posts
Great picture! If I ever get in water that deep it will have been an accident.....haha.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Me too, The only way I would do that deep is if the creek rose and I had to get back to the other side.

Back in my younger days we loved that stuff and mud holes too but now it takes way too much time getting them cleaned up afterwards. Quads do have some advantages and cleaning up is a big one.

Gary

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's a few more I found. Same day different mudhole. We had about 5" of rain before this rain. It looks like I'm crossing a water hole but it's actually really nasty on the bottom.

As you can see, we use spotters to help us through. There was a lot of off camber spots in the middle of the hole and the guys on the 4-wheelers were getting thrown around a lot.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Great pics.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Great Pics, I especially like the Bikes in the snow!!!!!

Mark

·
Registered
50 Posts
cdgofish,

Great pictures, looks like a lot of fun. What winch do you have on your Ranger?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just recently purchased an 3000lb. Extreme Winch. I plan on putting a permanent snatch block on it to help out with the pulling power. If I'm not mistaken, they are the same as the Venom winches. Completely sealed with o-rings and use metal gears. On top of that, I can buy 4 of these to 1 Warn.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts