Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body using clutch exhaust for heat in cab?? I have a heater but as of late in NH its been real cold was thinking of venting clutch in cab anyone heard of or done this act??

·
Super Moderator
2,445 Posts
I pick up heat on the passenger side engine compartment at the edge of the heat shield by the exhaust where it turns toward the back of the vehicle. The exhaust from the clutch blows across the exhaust pipes and toward the open end of a piece of 3" aluminum marine bilge exhaust tubing which is routed around to the center of the seat and turned forward into a bilge blower and then through a vent into the floor of the passenger compartment.
It works really well. Heats up quickly and puts out lots of heat.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Any body using clutch exhaust for heat in cab?? I have a heater but as of late in NH its been real cold was thinking of venting clutch in cab anyone heard of or done this act??
Have uou ever blown out your clutches with compressed air? Very nasty unhealthy dust. If you're thinking of something like that, i would definitely try to filter it somehow.

Have you tried covering the rad with cardboard? Works well on mine when temps drop.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I pick up heat on the passenger side engine compartment at the edge of the heat shield by the exhaust where it turns toward the back of the vehicle. The exhaust from the clutch blows across the exhaust pipes and toward the open end of a piece of 3" aluminum marine bilge exhaust tubing which is routed around to the center of the seat and turned forward into a bilge blower and then through a vent into the floor of the passenger compartment.
It works really well. Heats up quickly and puts out lots of heat.
I have a 570 its not quite like that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts