Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking into buying a jegs, maradyne, or summit racing heater. they all have the same measurements 6.500 in. H x 9.500 in. W x 8.625 in. D. the jegs and the summit are 28k btu and the maradyne is 26k. 2 3" outlets on all of them.

I have a 2020 ranger xp 1000. Im wondering where the best location is with mounting this? Are the Ranger coolant lines 5/8"? I was hoping to take both 3" outlets and Y it down to two 2.5" or something smaller to fit the vents.

I assume i will need a thermostat bypass unless I go oil cooler valve route. My goal is to have a higher BTU than SXS heater kits. Also i want to use the factory embossments as much as possible.

if anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear from you! thanks! Jake.

https://infernoheaters.com/product/defrost-vent-4-with-2-adapter/ defrost vents I need to measure and make sure these are right.

·
Registered
2020 XP1000 Ride Command
76 Posts
I have no answers for you, but am interested how it turns out.

These heaters are quite a bit less expensive than a Polaris kit. When you do your install, take pictures and notes. I am sure there are a lot of people who would be interested in this working out successful. Good luck Sir.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks well see. Im having troubles finding out why My btu will be limited by capacity. That’s what I’m told. I understand why my coolant temp will limit the btu but I’m confused why capacity has anything to do with it. Someone shed some light so I can understand please. Thanks

·
Registered
650 Posts
Think opposite of radiator capacity. Small rad won't cool as good as a larger one. Same principle.

The fan blowing across a smaller unit will drop the temp in the core quicker than one with more volume.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok that makes sense I just assumed that the 28000btu was a bigger core than the inferno heaters. I was told the 28k btu heater coolant temp and capacity would be the limiting factor. So what it might sound like to me that the two different heaters will output roughly the same. In other words the gap between 18k - 28k btu is insignificant. Sound reasonable?

·
Registered
650 Posts
It may be a bigger core? Cfm is the same on both. But who knows how they get their numbers. It may push more heat?

I run an inferno. It's a nice complete kit with appropriate hose,y pipe and diverter valve. Which I like to be able to bypass the core in the summer months.

The kit comes with 2 dash defrost and 2 vents by your feet. I added 2 more on the dash blowing towards the riders. And was needed imo. Still 2 vents short of the polaris factory unit.

These heaters will only work as well as you have your cab sealed up because they recirculate the air. So when it comes time with which ever unit you install....with the dash off...shut the lights off in the shop and shine a spotlight on the firewall and look for light. Duct tape, silicone or spray foam whatever you need to.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I originally ordered inferno and then cancelled my order and went with the Ice Crusher heater and couldn't be happier.

When I originally placed my inferno order it showed in stock. After 2 weeks of not receiving an order shipped email I called to get a status update. They told me the diverter valve was on back-order and it could be a month or more out. I wanted to know why they showed in stock and why they didn't send me an email letting me know they didn't have the pieces to build a heater kit? I cancelled and ordered the ice crusher heater and received a tracking number that day. The ice crusher kit is a little more expensive but the customer service is much better IMO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts