Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time Ranger owner (1000 Crew premium). Hopefully the dealer will have it in a few weeks. I need some help figuring out which windshield to go with. I am not looking to break the bank either. I live in Georgia where it is hot and humid 10 months out of the year. We had a flip down windshield on our golf cart that worked out well for us. The ones I am seeing online don't look that great to me. How are the windshields with the vents??? It gets so hot during the summer here,,, I definitely don't want to bake in the cab while I am riding with the family.

·
Registered
2020 Polaris Ranger 1000 Premium
30 Posts
Definitely get a Hard Coated windshield no matter what you decide. I have a Spike Powersports vented windshield. Has long set of vents at the bottom, then at the top is has one for driver side and one for passenger side. With all vents open its about as good as it gets with airflow and a full windshield. I also have rear windshield and half doors, so I'm basically 75% enclosed. I tried 4 different ones, this front windshield was by far the best quality, not surprisingly the most expensive at around $430.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Here in south Idaho it gets hot and really dusty in the summer. 1/2 windshield from Super ATV at $125, 1/2 doors, and a Polaris Pro rear shield makes it tolerable. Some roads and trails will get so pounded that the dirt is 12” deep and just like flour:-(

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would urge you to get a GLASS windshield if you are going to be in any mud. If you try to scrub off the mud from a poly windscreen, you WILL scratch it badly. Bear this in mind. Poly is ok for the rear, but I'd recommend GLASS for the front.

·
Registered
2021 Ranger midsize 570
23 Posts
If poly doesn't get scratched it will certainly get stained streaks on it if you look at it crossed eyed.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger 1000 Crew
19 Posts
I have a full glass flip up on my Crew 1000 and it is great. Expensive but worth it. I have looked at a few machines with poly and everyone of them is scratched and hazy. I figured I could by a new poly every 2 or 3 years or blow more dollars up front for a glass. If it doesn’t crack I was right,,,,if it does I guess I wasn’.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger 1000 Crew
19 Posts
Also, if you live in a state where you can license these for the road you need a tempered glass windshield with DOT tires, signals and horn. I run through some tight lanes with tree branches rubbing the windshield,,,,if it was poly it would be jink already. BTW,,,,that debate about hardened poly v straight poly is BS. Poly is poly in my opinion. I bought supposedly coated or hardened windscreens for my motorcycles and they all aged just like the cheap stuff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts