Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a one owner, 2013 800EFI Crew Ranger for cattle ranching. My odometer quit reading RPM, Speed and Time. Still shows fuel level. Dealer troubleshoots it and says they can't find any sensor problem or cluster problem. Said I need a new harness for $1000. Heck, I don't use it for anything other than I fix what breaks. Any experts out there that might tell me where to look for a rubbed wire or short? At first it was intermittent. I thought it was the speed sensor, but to no avail. Newbie here, so be gentle! I searched as much as I knew how.

·
Registered
544 Posts
You can find a wiring diagram in the service manual. Or just start chasing it from the back of the cluster and see if there are any bad spots. If the dealer is doing the work, it's likely cheaper labor wise to replace the harness then it is to track down the issue (and there might be more than one bad spot or wire to fix).

·
Registered
372 Posts
I would suspect a partially defective instrument cluster simply because if the clock isn't working there's no external sensors that regulate the time / clock . If the cluster has power the clock should work .
You might try removing the inst. cluster and bring it indoors and dry it out good ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
You can find a wiring diagram in the service manual. Or just start chasing it from the back of the cluster and see if there are any bad spots. If the dealer is doing the work, it's likely cheaper labor wise to replace the harness then it is to track down the issue (and there might be more than one bad spot or wire to fix).
Thanks for the info. I will get it cleaned up and start wire chasing!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would suspect a partially defective instrument cluster simply because if the clock isn't working there's no external sensors that regulate the time / clock . If the cluster has power the clock should work .
You might try removing the inst. cluster and bring it indoors and dry it out good ?
Thanks. I will give that a try as well.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I was assuming (yeah I know) that the dealer would have swapped it to another unit, or done something similar to eliminate the cluster itself as the issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts