Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been having intermittent error code 520226 EPS CAN communications recive error. Fallowed by 190-2 data erratic and 84-2 data erratic or intermittent. Vehicle speed sensor. All fuses check ok, swapped relays, swapped speed sensor, crank sensor, and cleaned all grounds w/ grease. New battery over 12.5 volts. It cuts out the fuel pump, power steering, starter, and headlights. Sometimes go out and starts right up. Other times kicks right into error and dead except cluster works. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2,272 Posts
It sounds like a dirty or corroded or loose connection to me.
Some of the older rangers had an inline circuit breaker in the wiring harness, but don't know about the 900's.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately im probably going to cave an take it to the dealer. To bad as i was a week away from trading up to a new model...Ill post the results.

·
Super Moderator
2,272 Posts
That would be a tough decision.
The visco lok front diff would need some research to see how they perform.
I like the more narrow body and track width on the Sport.
The sight angle to the front is not great.
A drive in both is in order.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well a little update. Been at the dealer soon to be week two. Installed new ecu and still wont start. There tearing into the harness. I am concerned as i ohm’d the wiring and didnt see an issue personally. Well see i suppose....

·
Registered
223 Posts
I just had a the same issue today. I swapped in another ecu and it never changed anything. Same codes as you and no fuel pump or crank over. Nothing works but accessories and hvac stuff. 2019 ranger xp 1000 northstar. I’m stumped.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Brake lights coming on? Seems to be a common problem with the brake switch and or its connection. That idiot switch needs to close to allow start sequence

·
Registered
223 Posts
It’s far more than that the fuel pump doesn’t turn on with the key and the starter won’t crank over. Something electrical I’m sure it’s under warranty so I guess they can figure it out.

·
Registered
223 Posts
It’s been at the dealer for two days now and they can’t figure it out. I’m sure it’s a bad wire somewhere. I’ve had a lot of trouble with these utv in the last couple months and hope they can get it running and I’m going to down grade in hp to a gator xuv 835r hopefully a lot less problems. Damn I love Polaris cabs and hp but have had a fair amount of trouble with clutching.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It has a short and im sure it damaged the ecu. I love polaris and stay on this forum to help if i can but have made the move to can am. I purchased a 2019 can am maverick sport max. Its incredible with nice fit an finish with a pro fit style cab. No to mention incrediblely smooth ride.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts