Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I do know a guy, and tried to get him to become a sponsor. However I have not got anything back from him. His website is www.dirtlights.com . He has great pricing, but let him know you heard about him from Polaris Ranger Forum. Also one of our sponsors might carry some. I would like to gain him as a sponsor here and with your help he might. This will be the last time I send him a possible customer until he signs up for a sponsorship. Let us know the deals he works out for you.

Josh

·
Registered
269 Posts
That is a little better in price, but the 40 bucks I have in the four lights I have will be fine.

·
Registered
111 Posts
GPER said:
jackh said:
what lights are they? are they bright enough?
Mine are farm equipment lights and they put out plenty of light.
not sure, but I think most farm eqpt lites are 55w..........some have Flood beams, and others have a Trapozoid beam, which are better for reaching out where flood types just light up the whole area.........

·
Registered
21 Posts
Checker auto sells a 7" HID light that is 35Watts and goes for $120.00 a piece. I have four of them and they light up pretty good....

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?MfrCode=CSM&MfrPartNumber=99000CSK

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
120 a peice is still a little much for me. do you have any pictures of them at night with them lighting something up?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Good luck getting those ones from Checker/Kragen. Here in California, they don't have them, and say they probably aren't going to get them.

If your Checker has them, you can get a 15% or 25% off coupon by completing a survey for the store. Just go to the store and buy anything so you have a receipt with a purchase code on it. Sometimes the receipt will have a survey web site you can visit to get the coupon. If not, you can search the internet for the link....it is out there. Some of them are 15% and others are 25%. The 25% discount will make for a really good price for the lights.

Oh yeah....if you do the survey, they will e-mail the coupon to you. If you open it....PRINT IT! After it is opened once, you cant print it if you open it again. .....I learned this the hard way!

·
Registered
269 Posts
1st said:
GPER said:
jackh said:
what lights are they? are they bright enough?
Mine are farm equipment lights and they put out plenty of light.
not sure, but I think most farm eqpt lites are 55w..........some have Flood beams, and others have a Trapozoid beam, which are better for reaching out where flood types just light up the whole area.........
I did get the trapozoid beam and mine are are 35 watts, but it looks like two in each direction will be plenty of light.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Dirtlights is now a sponsor and I am sure he will give members a discount. I should have his banner up this week.

Josh

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just finished installing a HID kit from www.alpinesandtoys.com. They are made for Rangers and are only $190. They work great. 10 times better then stock.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I have a set of HID for the RZR the go directly into the stock light and have a wire harness that is plug and play. For the price of these kits it was well worth it. I will have a write up soon.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
http://www.vvme.com/product/detail-20023.html

these are $40 right now. there was a thread on prc where i guy got them. they arent true plug and play with the rangers but all he used was silicon to get things in place and they work just fine. the lights plus silicone is like 1/4 what the plug and play kits cost...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Has anybody tried these lights? Looks like a good price $119 if they're any good.

http://www.addictiveracing.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1

I just ordered them and will let you guy's know how they work out.

Tim

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ya they look like almost all the other kits that are around that price. the ones on the link i posted are $40 and you just epoxy them. i think thats the route im gonna go

·
Registered
51 Posts
Let me know how yours work out Jack. When I get mine I'll take pic's and post em up. I'm just hoping these are a lot brighter than the stock 08 lights.

Tim

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
o god man there wont be any comparison. i think it was on prcforum but a guy had a thread with pics about his lights and he got basically the same kit from somewhere else. he had before and after pics at night facing the ranger and then showing what all it lights up. its a world of difference.

hid replacements beat out stock lights with another pair of halogen lights on the bumper, its insane. infact, that guy had some halogen driving lights on his bumper that he took off because they were useless with the HID replacements.

im just hoping that these things will work in my '04 becuase i have dual beam and this kit is a single beam.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts