Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Polaris Ranger 1000 EPS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got myself some doors for my 2020 Ranger 1000 EPS. The doors came with a seal kit and as I was installing it I noticed a fairly big hole in the steel behind the dash.

I feel like the the hole should be plugged in some way, maybe I'm missing a part or something? It would seem the seal kit is pretty useless without plugging this hole in some way.

Does everyone with this model have this hole or is there something missing?

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Coil Automotive fuel system Coil spring

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you're on the right track. I do have a heater installed but maybe for an air conditioner or something... I'm curious to know if anyone knows of a grommet or plug or something I can get to plug the hole.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger XP1000 Northstar Ultimate Crew
74 Posts
It’s for the filtered air intake on an a/c equipped Northstar. I poked around in the parts catalog for yours and similar units and some of the sealing accessories but i couldn’t find a plug or anything for it. I will have a buddy send me a pic of his to see if its the same way.

Automotive tire Product Tread Motor vehicle Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
2020 Ranger XP1000 Northstar Ultimate Crew
74 Posts
Here is my buddy’s 18 XP1000 non Northstar. I would say its molded in there. Maybe someone popped that open when the heater was installed. I cannot find anywhere in the factory heater install instructions where it would tell the tech to do this. Also there isn't a plug in the parts like I mentioned earlier. The part you have there (close off panel) is located under the floor and rocker section of the body tab and the view is the wrong way. It faces the passenger side so it cannot be seen that its all molded in or not.

Im sure you could measure it and find a rubber or plastic plug to fill the hole. I would certainly do something to fill that spot for sure though, especially when you live a little further north than many people on here. Good luck.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Automotive wheel system
Automotive tire Grey Gas Tints and shades Rim

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is my buddy’s 18 XP1000 non Northstar. I would say its molded in there. Maybe someone popped that open when the heater was installed. I cannot find anywhere in the factory heater install instructions where it would tell the tech to do this. Also there isn't a plug in the parts like I mentioned earlier. The part you have there (close off panel) is located under the floor and rocker section of the body tab and the view is the wrong way. It faces the passenger side so it cannot be seen that its all molded in or not.

Im sure you could measure it and find a rubber or plastic plug to fill the hole. I would certainly do something to fill that spot for sure though, especially when you live a little further north than many people on here. Good luck. View attachment 25920 View attachment 25921
Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts