Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am new to the forum.

I have a 2019 Camo 900HO SBS with the standard shock and spring set up, bought it in June of 2019 and have 845 miles on it. The springs are adjusted to the softest position, but, still rough as a cob.

Is there any way to soften the ride? Like a different coil spring with a lower spring rate? Any ideas will be appreciated.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I got a 2019 Ranger XP900 HO 3 seater, bought in December of last year.
It rides like a Lincoln Continental.

Smooth....

I haven't done anything to it.

I'd hate to mess the ride up.

I'm trying to listen to what everybody on here does.
And listen to what they come out with.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got a 2019 Ranger XP900 HO 3 seater, bought in December of last year.
It rides like a Lincoln Continental.

Smooth....

I haven't done anything to it.

I'd hate to mess the ride up.

I'm trying to listen to what everybody on here does.
And listen to what they come out with.
Do you ever go off road?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Weight determines some of it too.
If you don't carry much weight.
You can maybe get away with the lowest setting.

Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
My 900 rides great.
I have 27" Kenda Bear Claw HTR's on beadlock wheels and I run 8 psi.
Trail riding is it's main use.
There are aftermarket shocks available that can be set up for whatever ride you want.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Weight determines some of it too.
If you don't carry much weight.
You can maybe get away with the lowest setting.

Good luck.
I run empty most of the time, I carry 600 pounds of corn once a month to fill my feeders. I am on a 18,500 acre hunting lease in central Florida, lots of hogs and with that is a lot of rooting issues. Heck it is so rough in places you cant even fly over it, LOL.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I spent my kids college fund and bought Elka shocks a couple years ago. Sports & Racing ATV Shock Absorbers - Elka Suspension USA
I do not have an issue with cost, per say, but, tell us how the change over effected your ride.
If before, in same conditions, it was bad rough and when you changed it was what % better ride on a 1 to 10 scale ( 1 being a little better and 10 being holy crap that's better)
1. Ease of adjustment to riding conditions?
2. Is it set it once and done?
Any feedback would be great.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I believe I bought the Stage 2. You tell them how much weight in the cab and how much weight you'll have in the bed when riding ect ect and they set up the springs and shock compression accordingly.
The trails where I ride always have dips and gullys and you'd need to slow way down when you go into them. After the shocks were installed you could go into the dips and just keep going. A lot better ride. The stage 3 , 4 and five have an adjustment knob and external reservoir so in seconds you can adjust the ride for softer or stiffer as you ride. Or find the best feeling ride and leave the knob alone once its dialed in. I did email them last year about upgrading my shock housing to the Stage 3. They said no problem just ship them up to us. Eh. (that's Canadian)
The stage 2 were $1200. for the set of four. Expensive yes. And yes the shocks do make a big difference.
20180322_103939 spring.jpg

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I believe I bought the Stage 2. You tell them how much weight in the cab and how much weight you'll have in the bed when riding ect ect and they set up the springs and shock compression accordingly.
The trails where I ride always have dips and gullys and you'd need to slow way down when you go into them. After the shocks were installed you could go into the dips and just keep going. A lot better ride. The stage 3 , 4 and five have an adjustment knob and external reservoir so in seconds you can adjust the ride for softer or stiffer as you ride. Or find the best feeling ride and leave the knob alone once its dialed in. I did email them last year about upgrading my shock housing to the Stage 3. They said no problem just ship them up to us. Eh. (that's Canadian)
The stage 2 were $1200. for the set of four. Expensive yes. And yes the shocks do make a big difference. View attachment 23019
(y) Thank you for the feedback, I am ordering a set today!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Is this how to make the ride softer.
For a Old person ?
You said in a quote earlier in this thread:
"I got a 2019 Ranger XP900 HO 3 seater, bought in December of last year.
It rides like a Lincoln Continental."

So now you need a smother ride than a " Lincoln Continental." ? WOW?

·
Registered
407 Posts
You said in a quote earlier in this thread:
"I got a 2019 Ranger XP900 HO 3 seater, bought in December of last year.
It rides like a Lincoln Continental."

So now you need a smother ride than a " Lincoln Continental." ? WOW?
Not me.
I need the rain to stop.
The sun to come out.
Cold weather to go away.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Cold Weather ??...its 22*f here and I'm heading out to the hot tub neeked….you need to toughen up.

Reactions: sdj
1 - 20 of 31 Posts