Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do yall have your auxillary lights mounted? i want to stay away from welding on my front bumper because i dont want something thats 100% permanent. ive heard of ppl putting fending clamps on the bumpers bar and then mounting lights on it. pics would be greatly appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
111 Posts
Do you have a Brush guard on the front bumper or just the bumper? If you have a Brush guard, on the top of it, are a couple of 1/4" or 5/16" holes........I made a bracket to fit those holes..........

If you just have the factory bumper, you can do like I did for a friend ........I took some flat stock (steel) 1"W X 1/8" thick, and measured to fit the light, and then went to the hardware store and bought some 'U bolts...drilled the flat stock to fit the 'u-bolts', and then the 'u-bolt' fits around the bumper, and then mount the light to the flat stock........sorry I don't have a picture...he traded that Ranger in and got an '08 XP. back during the fall, and then this spring, I'll have to remount his lights.....says he's going to get a Brush Guard, which will make it easier.......

This is the bracket I made to fit my Brush Guard

as for the Back-up lights I added to the rear bumper...mine has a 'drop-down..a shorter piece of 1 3/4 pipe, about 3 inches or so below the top piece...I went to a friends sheet metal shop, and got a couple of 'L' brackets made..if I remember right, 6" long X 1 1/2" wide,(1/8" thickness I think) with the short side of the 'L' being 1 1/2"....then bolted it to the part where the drop-down was welded to the top piece, and mounted the lights on that bracket........no pics yet, but I will have the Ranger off the trailer tomorrow, and will get a couple showing them.......

Poor folks have got Poor ways.........

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well thanks for the reply some of it was hard to imagine but i think i get the general idea. im not too worried about back up lights because if i get a rangerware cab it will have some already. i have heard of ppl gettin these little fence brackets that fit around the bumper perfectly and then mounting the light to it. im tryin to stay away from welding because i dont have access to one unless i go to my uncles and i dont want anything permanent. and i have the stock bumper btw but id like to get a brushguard if i could find a realy cheap one.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
heres a link to the thread:

http://prcforum.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1087&SearchTerms=light,mount

1 - 4 of 4 Posts