Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I ran my Ranger out of gas, now after trying to start I get gas spewing from the overflow hoses. I assume I have some junk in my carb and my float is stuck? Never had the carb off, and I can see how to unbolt it, just wondering how to remove the throttle and choke cables??

Any other advice on how to clean this carb and what to look for appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I never did figure out to get the cables detached from the carb. I even found a diagram with some basic instructions for the mikuni but none that showed how to remove the cables from the carb. So days later I put the boots and bolts back on and it fired right up, no gas leaks, and runs fine. I can only assume that the float got un stuck by the movement of me trying to remove the carb. I will now wait for warmer weather and better instruction before trying it again to clean it.

·
Supporting Vendor
6 Posts
For the choke cable you just unscrew it from the carb. It will take either a 12 or a 14mm wrench.

For the throttle, you remove the throttle housing cover, hold the wire cable while rotating the throttle arm, then pull the cable out. After that, you unhook the cable from the carb. body.

Float needle, remove carb. bowl, remove float and needle, inspect the tip for any grooves or indentations, clean needle tip and maybe polish the brass seat with a Q-tip and valve lapping compound. Blow out the fuel intake and needle seat real good with carb. cleaner and air. Should be good to go!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts