Polaris Ranger Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
So your saying that the pulse bar yellow lead on each connector can only carry 10A or that in total for every yellow lead connection on the entire pulse bar that 10A is the max it can carry???

Sorry that kinda confused me.
10A is for all the circuits using the yellow wire added together, not 10A for each circuit. So, for example, let's say you have a front light that draws 5A on one and a rear light that draws 5A on another, you have hit the 10A and the fuse may trip.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
O
10A is for all the circuits using the yellow wire added together, not 10A for each circuit. So, for example, let's say you have a front light that draws 5A on one and a rear light that draws 5A on another, you have hit the 10A and the fuse may trip.
Ok awesome thanks that's what I was wondering...Wow so it doesn't support much current draw at all really! I can see why you should always use a relay. Thanks so much. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Yeah it's design intent from polaris is to be a power source for lighted switches and relays.
That makes sense so the power it provides on the switch in the #2 and #6 location simply is just power to the switch itself then the outgoing power goes to the relay which opens the relay to allow 12v constant from the main supply to flow and power the accessories (light bar, pod lights, etc)?

·
Registered
127 Posts
yes, the lights in the switch and the coil in the relay both draw power from that circuit. The main power draw from the light just goes through the switch side of the relay and that power is supplied directly from the battery, not the ignition power

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
yes, the lights in the switch and the coil in the relay both draw power from that circuit. The main power draw from the light just goes through the switch side of the relay and that power is supplied directly from the battery, not the ignition power
Awesome! I'm learning 🙂.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
That makes sense, I'm learning 🙂.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts