Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
It could be one of two things. The clutch alignment could be off, which will require a special tool to ensure they properly aligned. One other thing the belt deflection could be to tight. Both of these things are critical to the longevity of the belt and clutches.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SO DALE HOW HARD IS IT TO FIX IT AND HOW MUCH IS A NEW BELT MY BIKE HAS 40 MILES ON IT SO I AM NOT SURE WHATS GOING ON

·
Registered
635 Posts
If it's younger than six months old it should be under warranty, if not hopefully our vender's will pipe up on a price.. Or my private message you..

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just bought a 08 ranger xp le turbo silver about a month ago,the belt had a slight squeal when i first rode it,it has quit after i had put a few miles on it,everything seems good now and I have had it in some very rough places with no problems!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I agree about taking it back to your dealer. See what they say about it. Actually they are lieftime on belts as long as they are used properly.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine has not stopped squealing since I loaded it on the trailer last week (when purchased.) I know the difference between hi and lo gear situations and I'm convinced it has an issue that needs to be addressed. I'll be taking mine back to the dealer for sure.

·
Registered
32 Posts
There was a squealing sound from the belt on the new bike I went to pick up. I brought this noise to the attention of the dealer & they could not correct the problem within an hour so they assembled another new bike which ran fine. I do not know what the problem was & obviously the mechanic did not know either. Sounds like a warranty issue to me.

P.S. It only squealed when the wheels were turned left or right from a stopped position.
Mark

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Then it was a slipping belt. New belt should fix this. I would also check the alignment while you are in there changing the belt.

Josh

·
Registered
9 Posts
What's the parts number for a new belt for an '08 XP? I'm putting together a spare parts kit and would like anyones ideas on what to get. Also the best place to get them (internet).

·
Registered
51 Posts
Guy's have the same problem with my 08 and took in to the dealer, I was told it was a clutch bearing and they have it on order. I will let you know if it fixed it when I get it back next week..

Tim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts