Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are slipping and sliding after 1/2 inch of ice last night. I left for work at 5:15am this morning and took about 10 minutes to get truck to move up to the road from my house. Driveway is about 800 feet uphill! :tickedoff: I LOVE Indiana! :idiot2:

Mark

·
Registered
635 Posts
I know many states outlaw them but, one thing I'm glad of is the four studded tires on my brides vehicle..

·
Registered
477 Posts
poorfarmer said:
We are slipping and sliding after 1/2 inch of ice last night. I left for work at 5:15am this morning and took about 10 minutes to get truck to move up to the road from my house. Driveway is about 800 feet uphill! :tickedoff: I LOVE Indiana! :idiot2:

Mark
You mean they have hills in Indiana??? Haha ;D

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cathead77 said:
poorfarmer said:

Mark
You mean they have hills in Indiana??? Haha ;D
:2funny: Yeah, alot in the Southeastern corner along the River.

Mark

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I watched a guy in a full sized Ranger almost flip it sunday. We were ice fishing and he was playing on the mostly glare ice.

Watched him doing donuts and power slides until wheels caught a patch of snow covered ice and hooked up.
He was up on two wheels and just a split second before going completely over. Don't know how he saved it but I gathered from the conversation after that he was not the owner and the machine got shut down from that point on.

I plan to take my RZR up to the lake but don't think I will do many donuts or power slides unless I know for sure there is no patches of snow.

Gary

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gary,
I know what you are saying. I only do the occasional donut in the mud. I just don't ride that way, never have. I hate snow and Ice so I dont do much playing.

Mark

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Don't take me wrong Mark! I love to play but it just seems like after almost 56 years of it, every time I try to show off I end up being the A Hole.

Point in fact, My buddy with the grizzly hated the stock tires on it, said they had no sideways traction.
He could blast around a small dirt track we had set up and be power sliding on every corner.

He bought a new set of bigger Mud Lites on some very pretty aluminum rims and when we got to the dirt track he took a blast around. Didn't make it thru the first corner because his new tires had way too much sideways traction and he got tossed right off.

Sometimes you want some slip and other times you want maximum grip!

I think our machines would be a blast if they were full time front wheel drive and AWD just locked up the rears!

Gary

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Have any of you thought about adding front line locks to the brakes, I am going to do this so I can get the donuts started. We play in creeks and it is easy on a atv with front brakes to do donuts but not on the Ranger. However I have managed to get it going a few times.

Josh

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I have rolled ATVs 3 times in my life and all three times I was doing Donuts.

It is a blast doing them but a hard lesson to learn well!

Gary

·
Registered
269 Posts
GRAZOR said:
I have rolled ATVs 3 times in my life and all three times I was doing Donuts.

It is a blast doing them but a hard lesson to learn well!

Gary
That's why I like stuff with cages and good seat belts. I hate it when I spill the dough nuts though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts