Polaris Ranger Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
You have some mad skills Sir! That looks fantastic to me. Very well done!
For finish options, look into Cerakote, used a lot in the firearms industry, super durable and very easy to apply. There are definitely colors (several shades of black if I remember correct) that will match to the Ranger interior.

And, if we are voting on a gear shift lever, my vote is for the pistol grip design from an early 70s Mopar, that would fit sweet on the Ranger's shift rod.

I am also interested in anything you have made for your AG stuff! Are you on a AG related forum with info? please share.

Road runner style!
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Window Bumper

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
You have some mad skills Sir! That looks fantastic to me. Very well done!
For finish options, look into Cerakote, used a lot in the firearms industry, super durable and very easy to apply. There are definitely colors (several shades of black if I remember correct) that will match to the Ranger interior.

And, if we are voting on a gear shift lever, my vote is for the pistol grip design from an early 70s Mopar, that would fit sweet on the Ranger's shift rod.

I am also interested in anything you have made for your AG stuff! Are you on a AG related forum with info? please share.
You are too kind. The picture makes it look better than it does in real life LOL.

I appreciate the tip for Cerakote. I thought you had to dip or electrostatic-charge to get that type of finish. I will definitely try this. Thanks. I struggle to get a good finish on most things. I am told I am too impatient, and never let the prior step dry LOL.

Regarding the agricultural prints...no, I am not on any forum. I started printing repair parts, and have designed quite a few. I live the country and it takes hours (round trip) to go into town for parts...so a 3D printer can produce small parts faster than I can go get them. I then added some things like a chainsaw mount to my tractor ROPS (I dont have a picture and it's too cold to trek to the barn LOL). We use GMRS radios, so I have a mount for that, etc.

I also add cameras to every vehicle...some to backup, some to see the edge of a row, for a tractor implement that sticks out 10 feet, etc. These items are not that useful, I just enjoy building cameras.
Automotive mirror Vehicle Mode of transport Automotive design Gadget

Then finally, what I put on every vehicle...and make for every one of my neighbors, family and friends (people seem to like it)...but it's more of a novelty. It's a gyroscopic drink holder. I live in a hilly area, and it keeps my can of beer perfectly level regardless of the machines attitude...I have yet to spill a drop. I built it as a joke, but it actually works exceptionally well. It's hard to see but it's the gray item below. PS I am also terrible at taking pix LOL.
Automotive tire Tire Automotive design Tread Machine tool

For the record, this stuff is just a hobby, so everything you see took me an inordinate amount of time to create. I am very slow at this...but that's the nature of a hobby.

·
Registered
2020 XP1000 Ride Command
64 Posts
I live in the country too, and understand the hours in round trips.

Your parts look great man! Sounds like you stay busy and that is good thing!

The cup holder is cool, I think that style is sold at boat stores. They do work excellent. John Deere makes a similar design too.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts