2023 Ranger 1000 Sport EPS
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Based on performance, equipped (stock) and price or bang for the buck

2023 Ranger SP 570 Premium MSRP $13,899
2023 Ranger 1000 EPS MSRP $16,499
2023 Ranger 1000 Premium MSRP $17,899

My usage is mainly working on the property but also some fun time on the trails

Any comments and suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

· Registered
2021 Polaris Ranger XP 1000 NorthStar crew
295 Posts
Personal I would get one of the 1000’s! I’m not sure I would want the smaller engine, even tho I have never driven one. My NorthStar crew is tuned and I love having the additional power. Don’t really use it, but it’s there if I need it. We do a lot of running back and forth to town at 45-60 speeds. Good luck on your choice.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies.
One of the selling points for the SP 570 Premium is it includes "Full-Body Skid Plate, Full-Coverage Front Bumper & New Mud Guards". I'm thinking this is something I want and need but looking at the specs for the 1000's it does not say either comes with it.

After watching videos of the SP 570 in action I'm thinking it has enough power for what I need but not sure.

· Registered
105 Posts
Thanks for the replies.
One of the selling points for the SP 570 Premium is it includes "Full-Body Skid Plate, Full-Coverage Front Bumper & New Mud Guards". I'm thinking this is something I want and need but looking at the specs for the 1000's it does not say either comes with it.

After watching videos of the SP 570 in action I'm thinking it has enough power for what I need but not sure.
For the work use case
  • 1000 is a bit heavier. Heavy is good for work. Just ask my tractor.
  • 1000 supports 500 more lbs in the bed
  • 1000 supports towing 1000 more pounds
  • 1000 is larger in every dimension, including height/clearance
  • 1000 sits 3 people
  • 1000 has more durable 6 ply tires (vs 4)
For the trail use case
  • 1000 has double wishbone front suspension (vs strut). This is a non-trivial benefit for trail riding.
  • 1000 has mo powah!
I should be a sales guy. But given the cost difference, it's a hard choice. I personally would get the 1000.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For the work use case
  • 1000 sits 3 people
For the trail use case
  • 1000 has double wishbone front suspension (vs strut). This is a non-trivial benefit for trail riding.
  • 1000 has mo powah!
I should be a sales guy. But given the cost difference, it's a hard choice. I personally would get the 1000.
All good points (y)

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How old are you?
If you drive like granny the the 570 is fine.
But if you like power and have the dough$$$. Go big and fancy.
How old are you? Back atcha :)

It's not about speed for me and the 570 will getup and go. Some people claim over 50 mph.

Money is a factor because I don't want to waist hard earned money on something I really don't need and these toys are a bit overpriced to say the least. That might change though with the economy getting ready to take a big dump.

My main need is replacing my quad that I currently use on the property.

My secondary need is having some fun with it.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maybe consider the small ev? My next ranger will be the electric. I am more concerned about a quiet ride and enjoying the stereo. Only problem is the availability of these units and the price point.
Good idea but imo the EV technology is not mature enough for me to invest in. Its got a long ways to go (decades) with many iterations and new improved technologies to come. With the way and speed technology advances I'm not sure an electric solution will prevail.

· Registered
105 Posts
Good idea but imo the EV technology is not mature enough for me to invest in. Its got a long ways to go (decades) with many iterations and new improved technologies to come. With the way and speed technology advances I'm not sure an electric solution will prevail.
I have a Kinetic on order ;)
Any specific concerns?

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a Kinetic on order ;)
Any specific concerns?
My opinion on EV is more on EV technology and not on specific models including automobiles. I don't know much about the Polaris Kinetic. But this is a relatively new technology and politically driven which is never a good mix. The use of the lithium-ion battery is already in controversy for various reasons and something I would thoroughly research before purchasing.

On a model specific issue I would be looking at the estimated range which is typically a optimistic number based on ideal conditions. I would need to understand what the real range is for the way I drive on the typical terrain I would be on. If your trail riding then you would need to have a reserve estimate so you don't get stuck. Whatever the real range is after reserve you would need to cut it half to get back to where you started.

My daughter in-law recently bought a new Tesla. Its a beautiful car and very high-tech. She lives in SoCal and it works great for her local driving. On her first road trip she (and son) drove to Vegas, a 265 mile trip. Based on the estimated range of her Tesla she should have been able to make the trip without stopping for a charge. She ended up stopping in Baker CA (170 miles) to recharge. She admitted she was speeding so maybe if she drove more "ideal conditions" she might have made it.

· Registered
815 Posts
Personally I'd choose the 1000 over the 570 if it is the only unit you will have. Another added benefit to it is there are more options in aftermarket accessories for those models.

Having said that, if you ever plan on multiple units, the 570 is a great compliment. It's a great size for inexperienced operators, and the engine is very solid and reliable.

· Registered
11 Posts
Based on performance, equipped (stock) and price or bang for the buck

2023 Ranger SP 570 Premium MSRP $13,899
2023 Ranger 1000 EPS MSRP $16,499
2023 Ranger 1000 Premium MSRP $17,899

My usage is mainly working on the property but also some fun time on the trails

Any comments and suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
It only costs a little bit more to go first class. That is, if you have the funds.

· Registered
2 Posts
I own a 2015 570 full size, it will sit 3 people, has hauled anything I have wanted to, will run 40 or so on the road which I rarely ever do. I have a small cattle farm and it has always done what I wanted it to do. Have had very few issues. I'm 65 and don't get out and mud ride or rock climb but it serves my purpose well.

· Registered
47 Posts
For the work use case
  • 1000 sits 3 people
For the trail use case
  • 1000 has mo powah!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts