Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a Kolpin 3500 lb. winch that comes with a rocker switch that mounts to a handle bar. I'd like to adapt this switch so that it mounts to the dash as an in-dash switch, like my headlights and AWD switches do. Any ideas on switches on the market that can do this?

·
Super Moderator
2,413 Posts
Otrattw also makes switches that match the looks of the polaris switches and will fit in the dash.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try this
Thank you. But the ATV handle bar type switch I have is too big to fit in any of these holders. So what I need is a dash type switch to replace the handle bar mounted type. Problem is I don’t know if they make one that I can simply take the wires from existing harness and plug them into that new dash switch.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Otrattw also makes switches that match the looks of the polaris switches and will fit in the dash.
Great! I’ll look those up. So I can simply cut the wires off the existing large rocket switch and plug this same wires into a new dash type switch?

·
Super Moderator
2,413 Posts
Best I remember they use standard blade type push on connectors. All the specs will be on the site.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Super Moderator
2,413 Posts
There is a wiring diagram link.
Looks like you use 1-2-3 or 4-5-6.
Hot should go on 2 or 5 and winch in and winch out on 1 and 3 or 4 and 6.
Red is almost always hot and the other two would be in or out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is a wiring diagram link.
Looks like you use 1-2-3 or 4-5-6.
Hot should go on 2 or 5 and winch in and winch out on 1 and 3 or 4 and 6.
Red is almost always hot and the other two would be in or out.
Ok I see. Makes sense. Yes my red is hot. Thank you

·
Vendor
323 Posts
The switch that comes with most winches is usually attached to the handlebar mount right out of the box. I know on ours, you just have to remove the handlebar mount from the switch and it because a standard dash mounted switch. Not sure on theirs, but something you can check before buying a switch you may not actually need.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The switch that comes with most winches is usually attached to the handlebar mount right out of the box. I know on ours, you just have to remove the handlebar mount from the switch and it because a standard dash mounted switch. Not sure on theirs, but something you can check before buying a switch you may not actually need.
Not mine unfortunately. Was too big but I bought the correct in dash switch and it will work. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Got a SuperATV 4500 winch in my xp.
It has a momentary rocker switch in the dash.
Also has the wireless switch.

Works great.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I used the switch from Orttw a d then worked in the badlands wireless receiver from harbor freight.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts