Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed Inferno heater in my 2020 Ranger 1000 Premium. Seems like the engine temp is running 30 degrees colder. It gets up to 175 and then starts cooling back down to like 160. Used to run between 205 and 185. Do you suppose I have some air in the system yet?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Ive been running the same heater for a month now in Michigan. What's your outdoor temps?

Keep your over flow bottle where it's supposed to be. Turn your valve on and off a few times to purge any air with the cap off the rad. If all good there......

The stat opens about 170- 175 degrees then cools and closes. Realize you just added a mini radiator under your dash with a fan that stays on all the time. Your cooling your engine before the main rad even gets a workout or has a chance to do its job.

All that said..... i have to run a piece of cardboard over half of my radiator to get my temps up above 185 when outside temps are 30 or below. You need to let the engine come up to temp before turning the heater on.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger 570 Full Size Crew, OEM top, aftermarket front and rear windshields, Maxxis Ceros tires.
177 Posts
Agreed with Spaz. They are designed to cool that engine when it is working hard and going slow in 95 degrees. It will run cooler when it is at or below freezing outside.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agreed with Spaz. They are designed to cool that engine when it is working hard and going slow in 95 degrees. It will run cooler when it is at or below freezing outside.
Thank you for the replies. Engine temps are hanging in around 175 as I am slowly getting air out. Temp readings coming out of heater vents is coming up too, now at 135.

·
Registered
313 Posts
If your still getting air out...get the front end up on a set of ramps or something. The higher the better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took it out for a half hour ride yesterday. Eventually got the engine temps up to 183-208 range.I just needed to run it for a longer time to let everything warm up good. I will check the bleeder valve for air and make sure radiator is full and should be good to go. Over all pretty happy with the Inferno Heater -installation went good , fitment good, instructions good, and gives out decent heat.

·
Registered
313 Posts
They work good. What are your outside temps? Run a piece of cardboard over half your radiator. And DONT turn the heater on until your engine temp comes up to 180 degrees. They won't roast you out of the cab.....but better than no heat at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts