Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Back panel is in and seat backs back on. Looks good with the door panels and headliner. Hopefully it takes out some of the noise. It's not terrible noisy but it should help. When I was putting outside back piece on I added some extra weatherstripping around the top and side where it meets with the roll cage. The polaris seal kit only has a piece for the bottom. First pic is the polaris piece second is what I added.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Last little add on here for this install and I'll quit. When I was putting my rocker panels back on I didn't like the big gap left between panel and main frame. I had some 5/16 UHMW in the shop so made a filler. Little cutting and some heat to make bends. First pic showed gap on drivers side second is the filler installed on passenger side.

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Working on installing the noise reduction kit in my xp1000 polaris part #2881508. Basically consists of 2 pieces of thick heavy acoustic foam that goes on back of rear floor pan and the inside liner behind rear seat backs.

I did my 16 900 xp and was impressed by how much noise it knocked out. I also installed the cab seal kit which was a pain to do as most of the body had to be removed but it and the kit behind the seat was a noticeable difference in road noise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
Good job, and thanks for sharing.
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I think the '17 northstar may come with that kit installed already. That was the first thing I thought when I went out for a ride was how quiet the machine was in the cab compared to other units i've been in.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I like that side panel you made. It looks like it could have come from the factory that way. That'll be nice eliminating one more place for mud to stick to.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone installing these kits take a before / after decibel sound reading (even rough measurements using a smartphone app)?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have the XP 1000 N. Star. Just picked it up. Anxious to hear how your noise reduction kit works. I may need to get one. I hear quite a bit of noise coming from the backseat area. First time I've ever owned a Ranger crew though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have the XP 1000 N. Star. Just picked it up. Anxious to hear how your noise reduction kit works. I may need to get one. I hear quite a bit of noise coming from the backseat area. First time I've ever owned a Ranger crew though.

I think yours should have come with it already installed. My regular cab 1000 northstar had it installed from the factory along with the foam cab sealing kit.

·
Registered
129 Posts
If you take the time which will include removing most of the body panels and use some extra audio sound Deadning material with the kit from Polaris it will make a huge difference. I have a full cab with the power windows doors. I installed the seal kit and after a long back order the rear panel that goes behind the seats. I would definitely do it again if I had to. It is a lot of work but it is worth the money and money. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
69 Posts
This stuff here is available on ebay about 40 bucks.
It's about 3/8" thick self adhesive foam and with heat and noise blocking foil backed.
I put it outside cab engine bay area and under battery console cover. About an hour to do and very effective.
20210501_150420.jpg

·
Registered
2021 Polaris Ranger 1000 XP Northstar Premium - Pursuit Camo
25 Posts
This stuff here is available on ebay about 40 bucks.
It's about 3/8" thick self adhesive foam and with heat and noise blocking foil backed.
I put it outside cab engine bay area and under battery console cover. About an hour to do and very effective. View attachment 25082
How much noise did this cut down inside the cab? Link to product you used?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm happy with its effectiveness...but it's realitive to how much you use, how far under the cab you install it, and what your expectations are.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm happy with its effectiveness...but it's realitive to how much you use, how far under the cab you install it, and what your expectations are.

I’ve got a box of sound deadener left over from another project. Going to copy your application. Thanks for the idea!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts