Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one have any clues or tricks for internet searches? In a library they have the dewey decimal system. On the internet I think they have the Huey, Louie and Dewey decibel system. It only works if you yell at it. It is not a mickey mouse system, but it sure is related to Donald Duck. ::)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Is this what your looking for
http://www.google.com/search?q=dewey+decimal+system&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I learned a long time ago how to do an author, title or subject search in the library and I was able to find a dozen books within 10 minutes. On the internet, I do a search and get sextillion responses, of which some may or may not be of any use. Do you have a link to a site that simplifies internet search stategies? Thanx

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Following is a link to a web site that lists many of the web search engines, directories, reference, data bases, etc. http://www.virtualsalt.com/search.htm I use google first, yahoo second, and dogpile third. MSN search is about a waste of time. I have used the article search listed in the link and it works fairly good. This site suggests in a previous page that you set aside an hour to conduct a search. I have had people tell me they could find anything in 10 minutes. I never asked them how they could do that. Maybe some members have some quick and dirty tricks they use to conduct a search. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I normally find what I am looking for around 10 min. They was I search for something is through yahoo and google. Normally use keywords that is matching what I am looking for. Like polaris ranger forum, polaris rzr forum. Somethings that you look for might not have many pages or a good description so it makes it harder. What normally takes you so long to search for?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pdf documents are real hard to search, most of the time words on drawings will not come up on a search, although words in the narrative will. For example, fuel line did not come up in a search but fuel tank and carburetor will, and they will show the labeled fuel line. I am sure there is a dictionary on the internet, but to check spelling, I just type the word in a new E-mail message, If it is spelled wrong it will have a red line under it. that doesn't help with my typing though. Other than spell & typing check, I don"t have too many tricks. Another example is I typed "polaris rzr front rack" in a google search and did not find any thing useful. 2005DMAX from this site had an answer for that search.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts