Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Welcome to Polaris Ranger Forum. I get to go to Kentucky a lot with work, and the view is amazing. Do you have places to ride there? If so tell us about them.

Josh

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Welcome Bruce! I used to live very close in Belfry and was the GM at the Honda shop there.

Gorgeous country there and you have some close company on the board, Big Orange and his Better half and Cathead77 so join the fun and get some pics of your ride up here too.

I think our main competition was the Pikeville Honda shop and the closest Polaris dealer was up in Chapmanville, WV.

Great to see you found us.

Gary

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Elkhorn City is not far. I have some pretty good trails I can fit on around here local, some of them I am authorized to ride on, others not so much. The coal people try to keep us off as much as they can, but only because of idiots who steal and vandalize. They used to let us ride all we wanted to, but a few jeepers and atvers and dune buggy guys ruined it. But we still have a few good ones. I am only about an hour from Hatfield-Mccoy I went there on a quad when they first opened and haven't been back, but it was alright. I am only about a couple hours from Harlan County (Coal Creek) but I haven't tried it yet. Gary, we I know the shop you are talking about a friend bought a Scrambler there. We now have a great Polaris dealer in Paintsville, and another one in Ashland, I would reccomend both of them.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Welcome and show us your.............................. Ranger :2funny:

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Sent you a PM Bruce!

gary

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gary, thanks for the PM, we have a couple of good dealers around here now. One in Paintsville and one in Ashland, the one in Paintsville is called Polaris of Paintsville, and the one in Ashland is called Fannin Polaris. Both really good to deal with.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, The ride in the pic was at the 2006 windrock PRC Rally. A fun time, Windrock is highly recomended for those of you who haven't been there.

·
Registered
81 Posts
i'm from elkhorn city,come up and ride sometimes, O0 got some good trails here!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
I am new to this site. I do alot of my riding in slade ky. Also if you are looking for a really good dealership try big blue outdoor in flemingsburg ky. This place is top notch and very friendly staff. I do not work there but myself and my dad due alot of business with them. They are worth the drive to check them out!!!!! Here is a couple of pic's of my rzr

·
Super Moderator
2,413 Posts
I am only about a couple hours from Harlan County (Coal Creek) but I haven't tried it yet.
Harlan County is Black Mountain. Coal Creek is Windrock.
Harlan County/Black Mountain is one of my favorites. When I was into rock crawling we did Coal Creek, Tellico and Black Mountain in the East. Telllico has since closed and Black Mountain has continued to upgrade their riding area with great rock crawling and ATV/UTV riding trails. We stopped going to Windrock when their prices got to be prohibitively expensive to take a family riding there and never went back. I still go to Harlan County/Black mountain a couple of times a year.

Sharp RZR rtb1973. I like.

·
Super Moderator
2,413 Posts
Yes, I have been riding there since before it was called Turkey Bay. Great riding for Rangers/RZR's/ATV's/Jeep's. No real rock crawling, some challenging hills and lots of wide fast trails and slower more technical stuff. Lots of gravel and rock in some trails.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Howdy, just checking in. Live in eastern KY. I ride/work at Rush Offroad. Just sold my rzr and getting a 14 xp900le titanium in the next week or so.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts