Polaris Ranger Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Tell us what you find..... hope it's that easy for you.
Sorry it took so long to report back. I just been swamped with work. Anyhow, I finally got to work on my machine today. I undid all connectors and labeled them to where they go. I didn’t have to because they’re pretty self explanatory. But did for safety measures. I removed the bed and then the intake box with fuel rail so it made things easier to get too. I then cleaned the block where the old boots came off of. I also ordered and installed a new all ball’s thermostat ( I just took the old one out and put the new one in. I don’t know really what I’m doing or what steps to take on doing a new thermostat) I then put 100% silicone on the outter housing of the intake. So that way as I pushed the new boots on, so the silicone would not get inside the boots, etc. I then mounted everything back and hoped for the best and the best never came. As a matter of fact it made things worse.
#1. It still spits and sputters
#2. I believe with me not properly knowing how to do the thermostat or as to what steps to take prior to installing it. I believe it may have air bubbles in the lines. Because it really ran like shit after that. My temperature jumped up to 236, then down to 198 then up and down. I took the radiator cap off and it’s spit Freon all over my dumb ass ( hope you guys can get a laugh out of that, I sure did along with feeling stupid) so here I am looking for input and advice. And no hard feelings if I get made fun of. I’m honest and to the point. I’d rather ask for help than to lie and act like I know what I’m doing.
#3. the old intake boots seemed fine. There was no rips or tears, etc.
Anyhow, I hope you all have a very safe and blessed thanksgiving with your friends and families. Happy holidays to all

· Registered
716 Posts
Did you do the carb cleaner test to make sure the old ones were leaking before tearing them off?

What's the fuel pressure?

Have you checked valve clearances?

Why was the thermostat replaced?

Freon isn't in the engine coolant, it is a specific refrigerant used in older air conditioners.

Unfortunately, I'm going to recommend that you let a good mechanic look at it and at least give you a diagnosis based on testing to see what the problem is.

· Registered
8 Posts
ok, I wanted to report back. I bled the coolant system out and double checked everything. Let it get up to temperature. The fan kicked on at 204 like it was supposed to. Took it for a ride and it ran awesome. Climbed some hills in 4wd and also maxed out the speedometer. Took it for about a 5 mile ride and it never spot or sputtered. So it’s back in business. I want to thank you for all the info and your time.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts