Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking to put LED headlights on my 2018 1000xp. I have a 30” rigid light bar and I’d like to upgrade the headlights. Anyone have them on their machine and what brand is the best? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,850 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Literally 5 minutes ago, I just installed these LED Replacement Bulb Kit By Spike (Polaris vehicles) and man they are awesome! Easy install, I didn't use the filters though, I don't think they are needed for these.

Very bright, MUCH MUCH better than stock. Well made. They are even adjustable too, they give you a little allen key if you want to adjust the light pattern. Stock position seems to be okay to me against the garage door but I'll have to wait until it gets dark and take it out and see how it looks.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I use The JDM's on my '18 and while I do like them, the problem is the fact you cant aim the headlights low enough in most cases. Especially if you have a lift or level the machine out via front shocks. I have to use the headlights on the road and on trails and they will blind oncoming traffic. Be prepared to get flipped off regularly, lol. Polaris cheaped out on the adjusters for the headlights and there is no really good way to get them aimed down far enough. Too bad really, since the JDM lights are the first headlight to have a nice beam "cut-off" line in a factory capsule. Most other bulbs just produce excessive glare which most people misinterpret as being "Brighter" and "better".

If they could just be pointed down far enough, they's be perfect!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Longslyde is correct. To adjust my headlights down even close enough, I had to move my rear shocks out. By doing that it dropped the aim point of the headlights beam pattern 4 inches. It should still go another 2 inches. There is not enough built in adjustment to the headlamp buckets. I don't believe the the engineers ever drive the Rangers at night. IMHO.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got a pair of the fan less Beamtech for the 1000 and as the YouTube video stated it's probably the cheapest upgrade you can do for your ranger. Probably the easiest too. 38$ at Amazon
At least triple the output IMO

·
Super Moderator
1,850 Posts
Think I will pick up a set of those. How can you go wrong.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts