Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to forward this link to a bunch of Arizona Ranger & RZR owners. I encourage everyone to at the very least post up your name and fill out your profile so we will know how to get in touch with you for some local trail rides, meet & greet's, local discounts etc....
The more people we can show as a group, the better.
;D

·
Registered
119 Posts
We're still very much undecided on whether or not we will be going to Mexico this weekend.
I want to go, wife doesn't :-\
If we don't go, I'm in.

A whino guy and his family are doing Coke Ovens on Sunday.
Would you be interested? That's a very nice trail also.

Is the CK run next Sat. still on?

BTW, why are we in the NW chapter?? ???

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FamilyGuy said:
A whino guy and his family are doing Coke Ovens on Sunday.
Would you be interested? That's a very nice trail also.

Is the CK run next Sat. still on?

BTW, why are we in the NW chapter?? ???
I'll notify the admins that Arizona is in the southwest ;D

I was allowed one day to play this weekend :-[ and John (Red Ranger with cacti lovin dog) could only go on Saturday. So thats why I got permission :'( for Saturday

I dont know if I can go to CK next weekend, count me as a definative "maybe".

We are fixing up our house preparing to sell, so weekends are full of painting and cleaning projects :tickedoff:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We just want to move to a differenet house a few miles away from where we are now.

Saturday I'll just be bringing my Daughter, and maybe a friend of mine , and John with his ranger and maybe a couple other rangers from the nieghborhood (Graig might be coming also ? He was on the last run also)

The “Boulders” are a few miles west of Lake Pleasant on the carefree hwy between mileposts 11 & 12.

http://www.azgfd.gov/outdoor_recreation/arizona_ohv_trails.shtml

Hieroglyphic Mountains/ Boulders
• Permit: This is State Trust Land and a permit is required. You can now get your permit on-line by Clicking Here.
• Location: Numerous OHV routes that traverse the country between Lake Pleasant (east), Wickenburg (west), and Prescott National Forest (north). Boulders Staging Area, off Highway 74, between mileposts 11 and 12.
• Information: Vehicle travel allowed only on existing routes. Boulders Staging Area, offers access, camping and restroom. Area is a mix of private, state and public land, so comply with signs, carry a map, and avoid trespass. Low Desert. Spring, fall, winter seasons. Access Guide for this area is available from Bureau of Land Management (BLM).
• Contacts:
o Bureau of Land Management
Hassayampa Field Office
(623) 580-5500.
o Arizona State Land Department
(602) 364-2753
www.land.state.az.us

·
Registered
119 Posts
If I can come I would like to wait for you guys at the same place I waited last time.
If you don't mind.

I will let you know if we stay or go.

BTW, I will be starting a new thread here also as soon as a place is announced. For the Friday Night UTV.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Scooby said:
I am going to forward this link to a bunch of Arizona Ranger & RZR owners. I encourage everyone to at the very least post up your name and fill out your profile so we will know how to get in touch with you for some local trail rides, meet & greet's, local discounts etc....
The more people we can show as a group, the better.
;D
I'm here on the right area of the Forums.
Sandulator.
TUCSON, ARIZONA
We spend alot of time up at Lake Pleasent.
Set up the RV at Pleasant Harbor Rv Park for the WHole summer, bring the ranger up with us for the weekends. Would love to hook on some cool Phoenix rides.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Welcome! :coolsmiley:

Will you be here this weekend?

Scooby will be having a family ride sat. at the Boulders
http://polarisrangerforum.com/index.php?topic=769.0

I won't know if I can go until tomorrow, probably.

Augie

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FamilyGuy said:
I won't know if I can go until tomorrow, probably. Augie
I think you should come on out Augie, We need to get new pictures for our signatures
My sig pic is on the pavement in front of my house.
And yours is on the trailer.
We need some desert pics with saguaros in the background, so everyone knows where were at O0

sandulator, Glad you posted O0

This Saturday run is right there by Lake Pleasant, so if your here in town this weekend, we'll be looking for you.
I think there is a CK run next weekend too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Darren here in Peoria.

I will be going to Texas this weekend. It would have been fun meeting up with you guys. I have staged from that area quite a few times and there are alot of great trails in the area.

I will be checking in often and see when I can join you guys.

·
Registered
119 Posts
eastsiderangermafia said:
i am in east mesa. we did the box canyon and martinez mine last weekend. i want to do the coke ovens next.
Hey, there!

I'm thinking about doing coke ovens on Sunday.
But we'll see since I'll be in west Buckeye Sunday Morning.
Would you be interested? I can let you know if I make it out there.
We would be going w/ another family and I would be taking my little kids.
First trip out there for me, too bad it's going to be so darn HOT! :-[

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We just got back from the boulders, and WOW is there alot of trails out there, Ill do a follow-up post on the Boulders trail run post, But I'll tell you right now, we will be going back there often :eek:

I am glad so many Zonies have already found the forum. O0 this is very cool :D

control, drussell15, eastsiderangermafia, Longhair1957 Thanks for posting O0
(I think the more members we have will help Justify having our own club forum ^-^)

I think this will be the spot, for setting up local events / runs / etc... or heck even if you have something to sell but dont want to mess with shipping. just throw your "Local's only" ad on here :eek:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thx for setting up the ride, Scooby.

It was a great ride! Had lots of fun. There were some areas that I was a little iffy about :eek:
(but, shh, don't tell my wife. I told her, "No problem it's an easy little hill!" But I was really a little nervous myself ???)
Still enjoyed it though. I'm ready for more!! :uglystupid2:

I didn't go to the Coke Ovens ride on Sunday, because it was too hot. We were also too tired because after that we went to Sun Valley Pkwy for more riding. Took a nap when we got there, watched a movie and then we went riding again when the sun was almost setting. I met another fellow Ranger owner out there, wheelywelch, from another place ;). Maybe we can convert him...
He's got some really cool lighted whips. I'm buying him a yellow one for my Ranger.

My major problem was not having a top. My girls complained until, all three guys came together to build my girls a top! Thx guys you're awesome O0 My girls loved it :smitten:

Hey, guys....
Crown King run next Saturday!!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
WECOME, jaybey O0

FamilyGuy, I hope we got a picture of our Mcgyver top we made out there 8)
(silver tarp + beach towel + Bungie cords = Top ;D )

I know what you mean, a few of those hills looked pretty challenging, until we went right up them.
I am gaining more and more confidence with my Ranger everytime we go out.

I actually went to Harbour fright sunday and made myself a Quicky top for ridding around , SUMMER is HERE !!! :buck2: I need to get a canvas top made for my ranger now. I saw an ad on Craigs list for a shop that makes full tops for around $200 I might give them a try ?

1 - 20 of 104 Posts