Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, Everyone, in case you haven't noticed, haha, the summer heat is upon us.
Let's get some last day rides to get to know the terrain, so we can turn them into night rides later in the summer.

I just wanted to get the ball rolling, but I'm open to your suggestions.
I wanted to suggest this place:

There's water nearby where the kids and BIG kids can get wet and get on w/ our trip.
I've never ridden in this area, but thought we could park at Butcher Jones, ride up to the Rolls and depending on how we feel, ride up to 4 peaks. This is how I was told to get up to the rolls/4Peaks area:

"Right at the North end of the Butcher Jones parking area you'll see the wash. It's a wide sand wash that will take you up to trail 13 on the map. From there take washes 1832 or 1343 up to 143 and that's Four Peaks Road which you can take all the way to the top of Four Peaks. Nothing there the Ranger couldn't get through."

If someone else knows the area and would like to suggest otherwise, please let us know. I'd like it to be a family friendly ride. Where we can make several stops for the kids.
We'd have to take lots of drinks and probably snacks and lunch.

I guess we'd have to plan it around the 17th, because this weekend is Mother's Day, so most of us will be busy (and my wife will be spending mother's day in traffic school :( )
Please let us know if you'd rather do another ride or what day, etc. Let's just get a group ride going.
Everyone's invited, including your Whino ;) friends and family, haha

ok, your turn for some feedback Arizona Club

·
Registered
317 Posts
I didnt even know about Mothers day >:D My wife will be working anyway :idiot2:

I was thinking of just running over to the boulders again this Saturday or Sunday for just a few hours in the morning. (Not sure yet?)

I'll get back to you for the 17th weekend though, not sure if we have anything planned (by "we" I mean "she" ???)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing's written in stone, you know. :)

If we want to do it on a different day or a different place, we can. It's just about getting a ride going. If someone wants to suggest something else, go right ahead O0

I suggested this place, because I've been wanting to go there for a while, especially 4 peaks. But starting at Butcher Jones sounds like a much better ride.

·
Registered
185 Posts
IS ANYONE PLANING A Memorial Day weekend RIDE WE MIGHT BE GOING UP TO STONEMAN LAKE

THUR-MON SOME GOOD TRAIL RIDES UP THERE

GOOD TIMES

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So far, it looks like we'll be at Rocky Point for Memorial Weekend 8)
It would've been fun to join you guys at Stoneman lake.
But going to RP gives me a chance to visit my brother and hopefully the weather will cooperate a bit :-[.

Any other ideas for a weekend day ride??
Since my first idea hasn't taken off :(

azrzr, we should set something up for riding in the Pine/Strawberry area for next month.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts