Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the tail light wire color on a 2015 Ranger Crew 900? I see black, red, and orange running to the tail lights. The license plate light frame I got has a black and white wire, so I'm guessing black wire to tail light wire and white to ground? :rolleyes: Thanks for any help. I'm a better plumber than electrician.
Grille Mesh Wire fencing Rectangle Net

·
Registered
614 Posts
Splicing into the tail lights get tricky because Polaris uses a switched ground for the brake lights, and I forget which wire does the switching. It may be easier to just run power back to the ignition power source so the plate light comes on with key power. If you do tap the tail light, I'd use something like this to avoid splicing into the factory harness.

https://www.amazon.com/Muzzys-Harness-Adapter-Splice-Pigtail/dp/B07YQ834VB

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Splicing into the tail lights get tricky because Polaris uses a switched ground for the brake lights, and I forget which wire does the switching. It may be easier to just run power back to the ignition power source so the plate light comes on with key power. If you do tap the tail light, I'd use something like this to avoid splicing into the factory harness.

Amazon.com: Muzzys Tail Light Whip Power Harness Adapter Splice Pigtail Jumper FITS: 2015-2022 Polaris RZR, General 900/1000 XP 1000 Pro Turbo for Powering LED Whips Brake Lights License Plate Lights or Accessory : Automotive
Great.....I'll grab that adapter and throw it together. Thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts