Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I am planning on installing a 2 inch lift on my ranger. Im sure someone has done the same. Basically I want to know what size tires I should run with said lift.

Thanks

·
Vendor
323 Posts
Not sure who's it is or the style, but our 3" bracket lift will allow for a 28.5" tire. If you throw on some forward A-arms, you can get even bigger.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I’m running a 2” lift on my ranger 570 FS and I’m running my stock maverick X3 bighorn 28” tires and only rub a tiny bit if I turn really sharp and hit a bump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m running a 2” lift on my ranger 570 FS and I’m running my stock maverick X3 bighorn 28” tires and only rub a tiny bit if I turn really sharp and hit a bump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How bad is the rub when those events happen?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure who's it is or the style, but our 3" bracket lift will allow for a 28.5" tire. If you throw on some forward A-arms, you can get even bigger.
With that bracket lift, are there any other mods that need to happen? Also, with running that big of a tire, do you recomend upgrading any drivetrain/suspension components?

·
Vendor
323 Posts
With that bracket lift, are there any other mods that need to happen? Also, with running that big of a tire, do you recomend upgrading any drivetrain/suspension components?
No other mods necessary. Pretty basic bracket lift. That 3" lift and forward A-arm combo is pretty much the standard out there. We have a ton of dealerships that put that combo on brand new machines on the showroom floor all the time.
As far as upgrades...that's what we do. Lol! They're not required, but once you start...you'll want to keep going. Its always nice to have all new beefy components on there, especially if you plan to beat it up.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I installed a 2" lift from Marshall Motoart and 28" Mongrel tires and black diesel wheels. When I would go into a deep or hole the tire would rub the inner fender. SO. I bought a set of SATV forward A arms. The only issue I had was getting the castor /camber dialed in. I used string and measured and would drive it and measure some more. I got advise from a Polaris tec. Finally I took it to the dealer and had them dial it in.
The forward A arms comes with a steering rack stop washer. I didn't install that and ripped both front rubber axle boots. So install that steering stop.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also have the 570 fullsize, and installed a 2" lift. I purchased some 18" (x 7") rims, and then went with 235/50/18 car tires which are about 27.3" tall. I use these for summer street running. No rubbing on turns/bumps that I am aware of.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts