Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about putting a 2 inch lift on my rzr and putting 27 inch tires on. my question is
1. how does the rzr handle after a lift? we ride on alot of hilly and uneven terrain. I don't want to lose the stability.

2.do i need to be concerned about breaking an axle.

3.how much power will i lose with the bigger tires.

4. would a 2 inch lift allow enough room with the new tires to make sure i don't scrub when i hit hard?

Any input would great great!!!!

·
Registered
635 Posts
I bought two of the 2" kit's Bigdog speaks of I put one set on my RZR ,and my bride said she didn't want hers put on, Go figure.. So as you can guess I have a brand new one for cheap..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Crap!!!! I just ordered mine from Rubberdown, it's being shipped as we speak. Code Blue, how do you like it? I might have a buyer for your other one. How much?

·
Registered
143 Posts
You need 25 tires on front or something like a Terra Cross tire for it not to rub on the front fenders.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
cloud9 said:
I have a 2" Rubberdown lift with 28 Swamp Lites. Looks good gives me 14" of ground clearance.
Can you still hit swoops or small hills without rubbing? That is the setup I would like to run.

Josh

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Code said:
I bought two of the 2" kit's Bigdog speaks of I put one set on my RZR ,and my bride said she didn't want hers put on, Go figure.. So as you can guess I have a brand new one for cheap..
Sent you a pm earlier on your lift.

·
Registered
635 Posts
both kits were sold within moments

·
Registered
563 Posts
I put a 2 in. Highlifter kit on my RZR. They are more expensive than a rubberdown kit, but installation is real easy. It took me longer to take off and put back on the tires than it did to install the lift. I don't intentionally do air time, but I did not notice any change in stability. You can break an axle on anything if you try to. I installed 4 new axles, at different times, on a 6 wheeler I have untill I learned what I couldn't do. Sometimes I am a slow learner. I use bighorn tires now on the RZR and I haven't noticed a power reduction. But I don't go full throttle very much so there might be some, I don't think so, though. Some of the web sites suggest that 29.5 inch tires are the largest you can use with this lift. If you crank the shocks down, it will help, but the incidence of spinal tap will increase. The main thing is you can go where you could not go before! >:D

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I bought one of Code Blues 2" rubber down kits and put it on my RZR.

I am not a real hot rodder but I do go where the rocks seem to grow.

I'm not worried about breaking axels at all and it did change the COG (center of gravity) a bit but not enough to cause me worry.

I guess if handeling and stability was what we were looking for then we should be lowering them instead of raising them. Another option is to widen the stance by adding spacers or different wheel offsets which should bring your stability back to at least where it was before the lift was added.

Gary

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I never updated this but I put a 2" rubberdown on mine. I have 27" swamp lites and 2" wheel spacers. I used the wheel spacers to help the stability. We do a lot of side hilling and figured that if I raise it I need to widen it. However this is not needed. However it makes it look mean! :knuppel2:

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Interesting Josh so tell us more.

I have the 2" RD lift on mine with the Polaris Crusher 14" rims and 26" MTRs.

Wheels, tires and lift are all perfect for me but I do get a bit queezy on side hills and always have.

Did you try the lift and wheels/tires first without the spacers?

Do you feel the spacers offer much in the line of added stability on the side hills?

I can go a little wider here with not too much problems but I also have a feeling the added width will cause some additional mud slinging onto me unless I go for fender flares to.

Whats your opinion about this stuff?

Gary

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I do have the wide offset ITP SSR series wheels and running the 2" wheel spacers. I do get some mud on me from time to time. Not through the average mudhole at average speed. I did ride the rzr without the wheels and spacers and it was different. It felt like it was going to tip over sometimes, as now with the accessories it feels ok. I would rather have the wider stance than not. If it cost me some wheel bearing in a couple years I would still say it is worth it.

Josh

·
Registered
452 Posts
GRAZOR said:
Interesting Josh so tell us more.

I have the 2" RD lift on mine with the Polaris Crusher 14" rims and 26" MTRs.

Wheels, tires and lift are all perfect for me but I do get a bit queezy on side hills and always have.

Did you try the lift and wheels/tires first without the spacers?

Do you feel the spacers offer much in the line of added stability on the side hills?

I can go a little wider here with not too much problems but I also have a feeling the added width will cause some additional mud slinging onto me unless I go for fender flares to.

Whats your opinion about this stuff?

Gary
Hey Gary, after riding behind josh this weekend, his was ALOT more stable than mine. i believe theres a big difference between his and mine so im going to set mine up like his.

Heath

1 - 16 of 16 Posts