Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys and gals,
I've got a 2017 ranger xp900 with a Marshal Motoart 2 1/2" lift. I recently bought some Terrabite 30x14 tires.
I had some 28" Zillas on it but they ride like crap on dirt roads and trails. I wanted something a lot smoother and DOT approved
so I went with the Terrabites. These new tires are great. Only issue is rubbing on rough terrain.
I had to adjust the shocks to their highest setting to stop the rub. Now the tires only rub when I'm turning and hit a big hole.
I've got 16 3/4" of ground clearance and I don't really want to get it any higher cause it already feels top heavy.
Would different a-arms give me any help or maybe some wheel spacers?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Superatv 11/2
Forward a arms will work way better than jacking your suspension to ride like a lumber wagon. Will give you the clearance you need and can lighten the shocks back down.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Spaz. It certainly rides like a lumber wagon..lol. I thought about the spacers to widen the stance but I'm not sure that's a good idea without some fender flares or mud flaps.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Spacers will just lengthen the arc. Would still hit at full turn.

On my old 900 I ran s3 heavy duty springs with the shocks on the inner mounts with mma lift. Rode really well and gained about an inch in height. That was with 28's. 30's you'll need forward arms.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a 2016 Ranger 900xp. Put the same lift and installed the super atv 1.5" forward a-arms. Put 30x9x14 terabytes with no rubbing even at full turn. Rides great! Here is a pic.
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Car
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Car

1 - 6 of 6 Posts