Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Been around on the ATV forum for a long time, and now bought a new 2019 Ranger 1000 XP. Getting it in the next few days.

I want to mount a 30" or at a minumum a 20" light bar on the front bumber, but not sure what brackets to get, and which light bar to order. There's just under 20" on the "middle" upper tube on the bumper, as in this picture.

Not sure what the distance is on the OUTSIDES of the middle "posts", and whether I can mount the lightbar there?

Any other suggestions for mounting on the bumber - I want to avoid a lightbar ON the roof, or just under the roof....

Thanks!!!!

This is the lightbar I am looking at - side mounting points.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a 20 inch mounted on the roof. It's stays clean and dry compared to the rest of the buggy. I also didn't what to block air flow to the Rad.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I went with a rough country 12 inch DRL and mounted it in the space on the bumper. The light is very bright and high quality, and comes with every thing you need pre wired for hookup. I added a pulse bar adaptor for aesthetic purposes and to make it keyed hot only. The light also has a daytime running light feature that's really nice for riding dusty trails (plus it looks cool)

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Sorry, not sure exactly what you're asking?

Was the headlight alignment good on yours?

On most of the new rangers the headlight alignment is way to high from the factory. It makes the original headlights seem a lot worse than the are.

The head light adjustment procedure is not what I would call straight forward either. Along with the fact that you have to loosen 3 screws and then hold the light in position as you try to tighten the screws. It makes it kind of tough to do .

I just assumed that you aligned yours as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry, didn't know they had alignment issues. I only got the machine a few days ago, and haven't used it at all. Too damn cold here at the moment.

Didn't look at the headlight alignment, and only mounted the lightbar, and still need to adjust it properly outside when the temps warm up a bit.

Thanks for the heads-up on this - I will check to see how mine are aligned.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone mount the cube lights to the flat spot on the poly roof?
the wire can run right under it through the gap

·
Registered
3 Posts
Was the headlight alignment good on yours?

On most of the new rangers the headlight alignment is way to high from the factory. It makes the original headlights seem a lot worse than the are.

The head light adjustment procedure is not what I would call straight forward either. Along with the fact that you have to loosen 3 screws and then hold the light in position as you try to tighten the screws. It makes it kind of tough to do .

I just assumed that you aligned yours as well.
My OEM head-lights were pointed to the stars.
I read the forums, watched the U-Tube tutorials about adjustment and then gave it a try on my own with no success.
While Ranger was at dealer getting its break-in service I asked them to adjust em... When I picked it up they told me they had em adjusted as low as they would go but warned me I would still not be satisfied.
They are still pointed so high they are almost useless.

I'm now looking to bumper mount either 2 LED's or a small light bar but there's not a lot of info out there. Apparently bumper mounting is not that popular.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought the 13.5" from Tractor Supply and the highly adjustable round tube mounts from Tractor Supply. Both are very strong and very high quality. No issues. Love them! They would work great for your light.

1230181200.jpg

1 - 20 of 22 Posts