Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2018 that's original batteries are done and have been spinning my wheels on what to do for 2 months. This is my around the house/neighborhood machine (gas burner model stays at hunting property and sticking with gas there for now) so average trip for EV is 5 miles or less and I can't ever see it going more than 10 miles in a day. I live on a 1 mile long dead end road and it gets used for yard work, riding a few short trails in the woods behind the house and going to the neighbors. But I do hate the maintenance of the lead acid and want to go lithium, just can't swallow the $ 8,300 Voltronix quoted me and there doesn't seem to be a consensus on another good option outside of them. I'm thinking a much lower AH battery setup would cover my needs and save a good chunk of change but need recommendations on best option. Advice appreciated!

·
Registered
2015 Polaris Ranger EV
8 Posts
Atlas ESS makes a 14.4kWh 280ah lithium iron phosphate battery for the Ranger EV for $6,500. Uses 280ah REPT cells with a life of 6,000 cycles. At 50 miles per charge that is 300,000 miles! A 5kWh 100ah battery is available as special order. Batteries are made in Monroe Washington.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts