Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My lead acid batteries are about 5 years old and I was debating on doing a lithium conversion in the future. Does anyone have any advice on the Voltronix vs. Allied battery conversion? How many years would you expect the lithium to last under normal conditions? Is the range substantially increased even in cold conditions? For those of
you that have converted, would you do it again for the price point? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
403 Posts
Best conversion in the United States is the Voltronix kit. Well engineered and quality components and service engineers that can and will solve any problem. I converted in 2014 and have over 800 miles of experience. While the Li battery pack will have less range over ten to fifteen years it will continue to power the Ranger well, just less range. Voltronix has developed the kit over the last few years so that persons with moderate mechanical ability can install it as it is "Plug-n-Play" with the OEM wire harness. You can read about the impact of cold weather on battery performance in other threads on this forum. Range is less, but probably not enough less to impact your use. I for one highly recommend conversion just to get rid of the constant maintenance of flooded lead acid and the corrosion they create.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts