Polaris Ranger Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
You can contact Deltaq directly. You would have to have their programmer and software to delete a algorithm and add one for lithium.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
480 Posts
You might also try talking with Voltronix; they are now able to reprogram remotely. Perhaps they would provide this as a service to you if you offer to pay for it.

·
Registered
646 Posts
To do either Sevcon or the DeltaQ charger remotely will still require a laptop with the software and the IXXAT Can device as well as the QuiQ programmer. It can then be remotely accessed by the Laptop (assuming its connected to the internet) I can only assume Voltronics send out a laptop with the kit, you plug it in and then they remotely log onto the lap top. We have done that over here in the UK on a Sevcon, not on a Ranger, Just takes a bit of setting up. But I havnt attempted it with the QuiqQ, you would need to have the file on the laptop that the QuiQ programmer is attached to .

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I recently programmed the charger snd Sevcon controller by remote access through Voltronixs For a 10 kw kit. I am a dealer/installer. I already had the DeltaQ programmer and software from needing to add algorithm to DeltaQ chargers for Full River AGM installations and just makes the algorithm changes on other carts easier than removing the contactor wiring. To delete and add you must have the programmer and downloaded algorithm file. On the charger they just took over the laptop by remote and I connected the wires and connectors from laptop, programmer and charger. For the Sevcon its little different. Involves laptop registration and approval that takes about 72 hours and use of the IXXAT. Ea hour took about 30 minutes

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I finally received my EV with Voltronix batteries. A nearby Polaris dealer installed them. I can’t believe how it accelerates quicker with less weight. My only regret is I wished I had done it years ago.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I finally received my EV with Voltronix batteries. A nearby Polaris dealer installed them. I can’t believe how it accelerates quicker with less weight. My only regret is I wished I had done it years ago.
Same for me. Waited to long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
55 Posts
I finally decided to purchase the 280ah lithium batteries from Voltronics on my 2014 EV. A nearby Polaris dealer is going to install them for me. They are going to put a new battery tray in and sand and coat the frame with a bed liner like coating. Date of delivery is around end of March. I will try to keep everybody posted on the installation.
How did the conversion go?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
It was fine. Covid-19 slowed everything down. Just something you have to deal with. One question does the Voltronix SOC display suppose to stay on with ignition key off?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Do you mind sharing the cost of just the batteries from voltronixusa? Does the factory charger work or do you have to buy an new charger or other electrical conversion items? Do the larger sizes just offer more range or also more torque, top end speed, etc?
I am the new Voltronix sales person - please send me an email to discuss pricing? And yes, we use the factory system with our batteries. This is a conversion kit not a drop in battery.

·
Registered
514 Posts
It was fine. Covid-19 slowed everything down. Just something you have to deal with. One question does the Voltronix SOC display suppose to stay on with ignition key off?
Mine cut off when the ignition is off.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Yesterday I had my dealer correct the problem with ignition off and SOC display staying on. I also had him install for me GPS speedometer/odometer and GBC Grim Reapers 26-9-12 for front and 26-11-12 for rear. I took Sawtooth’s advise on the tires. I’m very impressed with how quiet they run. I had them put about 1/4” of spacers behind the front wheels because the tires were barely clearing the tie rod end. I’m starting out with 15lbs. But will probably drop air pressure down some.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Nice and congrats. Currently I’m at 10lbs air in the rear and 8lbs in the front. seems to be pretty good so far. Once you convert to lithium you can go way down on the tire pressure because of the huge weight savings of the new batteries. Even at 10 and 8 there’s very little bulge in the tire side walls.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts