Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m getting ready to order a roof the super atv plastic roof how good are they when towing on the highway. Anyone have any experience with it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Check out texas-outdoors.com ....they have an extra heavy, reasonably priced steel roof (or aluminum) that will last forever!

·
Registered
2020 Polaris Ranger 1000 Premium
30 Posts
I have a Kolpin plastic roof off a 900xp, fit just fine on my 1000. I towed it at 85mph for 200 miles no issues. I wouldn't worry about it ripping off if it's bolted on.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was looking at bad dawg acc they have aluminum roofs for 675 anyone have experience with that the fortress are nice but I really don’t want to spend over 1000 I need to get a windshield too

·
Registered
16 Posts
Really yeah I can’t find any in that price range
Is the quote you’re getting for a three seat or a crew? That might be the difference.

I need a metal roof to serve as a ground plane for two way radio. Steel has the advantage that I can avoid drilling mounting holes in my expensive new roof and simply use a mag-mount antenna.

·
Vendor
429 Posts
No worries buddy! We tow them across the country every weekend. You can't beat that tinted roof. Its awesome to be able to look up in wild trail and rock crawling conditions.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is the quote you’re getting for a three seat or a crew? That might be the difference.

I need a metal roof to serve as a ground plane for two way radio. Steel has the advantage that I can avoid drilling mounting holes in my expensive new roof and simply use a mag-mount antenna.
Yeah it’s for a crew and aluminum not steel that’s probably what the difference is in price

1 - 17 of 17 Posts