Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to modify the Ranger so I don't have to push on the brake when starting the engine? My Can-Am will start in park or neutral without having to push on the brake pedal, nice feature I wish the Ranger had. Please don't give me a lecture on safety, that's not the question. I just don't want to have to do an unnecessary step when starting the engine. It would be nice if the shifter wasn't in the way when in park and trying to push on the brake pedal but that looks to be a bigger job to change. I hope it's a matter of unhooking a sensor, similar to the ones used on the seat belts, just need to know where it's at and how to disable.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The ranger will start in any gear or at least mine will. That's why the brake pedal must be engaged. I'm sure you could bypass the brake light switch but...then you get the safety lecture, and I'm not sure what that would do to the ECU

·
Registered
406 Posts
what are you doing for a emergency brake.

Yea.
Think I want to push the brake.
Already got off mine with it not running.
Not in park.
It rolled off.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought a 570 mid in 2018. Noticed it had Park but no Emergency Brake to engage. Dealer stated thats the way their making them now only park no Em Brake. After some thought I now have a Hydraulic Parking Brake which I installed my self,quick and easy, safe,and low cost. The only way to go !!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts