Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I am posting for my other half as he is new to the whole forumn thing. We are looking for a mod on how to get past the rev limiter on our polaris ranger. we top out at 41 mph. that is with or with out the windshield and no matter who is driving. you can hear it hit the rev limiter and we know there is more but have no idea how to over ride. We are very mechanical and have been able to over ride rev limiters/govenors on other things (gator, 4 wheeler, etc)

Looking forward to hearing others Ideas.

thanks

tina and mike

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
You can reclutch it to gain a few more mph and there is a company that can possibly reprogram your ecu. There will be other here shortly to answer your questions better.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Going by the year you must have a 500 ranger. If you are hitting the rev limiter I would say check your belt if you have to much belt deflection [if your belt is to loose]you will have a loss of bottom and top end performance. A new belt with a clutch kit will make it a whole different machine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
what about taller tires to bring down the RPM's and allow the machine to go faster , now your speed-o will be off so you may have to use a GPS to get a good read

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yes taller tires will bring down the rpm. But keep in mind if the belt is to loose or to worn there will be a big loss of performance all through the power band and your machine will be a lot slower.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well I have 2007 700 xp and it happens to me I herd about black box but does anyone have any experience will i blow my quad ... Co spidering switching to can am they are not lmited anybody have a good Ecu that a dunce could install lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well I have 2007 700 xp and it happens to me I herd about black box but does anyone have any experience will i blow my quad ... Co spidering switching to can am they are not lmited anybody have a good Ecu that a dunce could install lol
I just acquired an 02 Ranger and have a Black Box ( I've had for a while. Left over from a customer that decided he didnt want it ). I put it on and will see how it performs as soon as my cylinder/piston come back from machine shop

1 - 10 of 10 Posts