Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking over my new ranger and found this wire dangling under the bed, does anyone know what it goes to?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I believe I saw that was for backup lights. Can you post a pic of your waterfowl edition, have one on order and still haven't ever seen one.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Very nice, i am so excited for mine to show up. Here is the latest email i received from my dealer
"Its showing that it is in route to the Distribution Center in WA."
I am in oregon so hopefully will be getting it in a week or so

·
Registered
2020 Ranger XP1000 Northstar Ultimate Crew
24 Posts
It looks like the backup camera connector and i cant tell if you have Ride Command but maybe Polaris prewired that model for it. Pop the hood (center to drivers front top of radiator area) and you may well find another one there as well for the front camera. I have seen them with rubber covers over them to help keep crud out so if they are utilized the connection is still good.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very nice, i am so excited for mine to show up. Here is the latest email i received from my dealer
"Its showing that it is in route to the Distribution Center in WA."
I am in oregon so hopefully will be getting it in a week or so
I was very excited to get mine and hope yours gets there soon!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It looks like the backup camera connector and i cant tell if you have Ride Command but maybe Polaris prewired that model for it. Pop the hood (center to drivers front top of radiator area) and you may well find another one there as well for the front camera. I have seen them with rubber covers over them to help keep crud out so if they are utilized the connection is still good.
Mine did not come with Ride Command, so that could be it. I was surprised that the connection did not have a cover on it, dealer may have left it off when they assembled the machine. Thanks for the idea, will let you know if I find another plug under the hood.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine did not come with Ride Command, so that could be it. I was surprised that the connection did not have a cover on it, dealer may have left it off when they assembled the machine. Thanks for the idea, will let you know if I find another plug under the hood.
I think that is it. I found the front connector with a cover on it, they just did not put a cover on the rear connector. Thanks for the help!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts