Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this site. Driving the Ranger 900XP through the field today. Driving 20-25 mph and all of a sudden it lost power like it was put of gear. After making sure it was in gear it would not move. Tried hi, lo, and reverse 1,2, and 4 wheel drive, and while it reved fine it just wouldn’t move. Two times before there was water in a housing, and the simple removal of a drain plug did the trick. Removed the plug and it was dry as a bone. I am completely ignorant when it comes to the drive train on UTV’s so if anyone has an answer or suggestion please tell me. Thanks

·
Registered
356 Posts
The sudden nature is either the belt or a spring on the primary. Read the sticky thread on the top of the 900 page for an idea how your CVT works.
(I switched to DuraClutch and have my near mint primary I am trying to find a good home for if you just want to swap it out... It's the one in the pictures.)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I couldn’t get the cover completley off, but I was able to open it a little bit and a did not see a belt connecting the two, so that is probably the problem. Thanks for your advice!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey, you will need to remove the zerk fitting from the a-arm on the lower right side of the cover to be able to remove the cover , just wipe it clean and unthread it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, you will need to remove the zerk fitting from the a-arm on the lower right side of the cover to be able to remove the cover , just wipe it clean and unthread it.
I will try that tonight thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it turns out there was a problem with the drive belt. It apparently got absolutely shredded, and got sucked up into the vent in the belt housing. Not something we can fix so it will get taken to the dealer. Thanks for all your help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts