Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
getting close to pulling the trigger on a 2020 model and wondered if the 60 month extended warranty is a good idea at 1600 bucks. also, there is a set up charge of 875 to $1,000 AND they are trying to sell me a self leveling water pump/kit for proper
battery water maintenance at $420. total cost is a shade less the 18k and would like to know if there is any room to negotiate on the price of the extended warranty, the set up fees, or if the battery maintenance kit is really necessary. again, thx in adv for any thoughts or recommendations

·
Registered
71 Posts
My experience: I bought a 2015 EV and did not opt for any additional warranty. I have subsequently had to put in over $6K just this year in what would (probably?) have been covered in a 5yr warranty. In my case this was a new motor and controller, plus labor, because water somehow (which can be just from gentle hosing off) got into the motor and resulted in rust, which in turn resulted in seizing along with likely power surge damage to the controller.

No fun.

My dealer was "nice" and cut some of their labor, but Polaris wouldn't budge.

That expense doesn't include some "oops!" damage to the front CV joint that I caused by driving it into too rough a place much earlier.

You can probably install your own battery watering kit for less; I like mine a lot more than the pain in the ass non-access you get with the stock setup. Polaris would be good to its customers to just make that part of the product, IMO.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My experience: I bought a 2015 EV and did not opt for any additional warranty....
OBTW: you should ask about and get in writing whether or not Polaris will warrant the water-in-the-motor problem for you. It would be one thing if I had driven my EV into a pond, but the motor should be more resilient to "just cleaning" water.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay, i will ask more pointed questions about water damage and thanks for your feedback on the battery kit too

·
Registered
8 Posts
Battery watering system is a must have feature IMO. It just depends on if you want to pay them to put it on or save a few bucks and do it yourself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts