Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here's my latest plow video in two feet of snow with our 2015 Midsize Ranger 570 Crew EPS. I am super impressed with the 570. In this clip, I'm plowing downhill, but I was able to plow uphill into 30" drifts! For those of you viewing for the first time, my driveway ascends 600' in less than a 1/4 mile with two switchbacks. As you will see, I need to invest in a windshield wiper, because the blade was over 12 inches under the snow on the first pass. I'm using a 66" KFI snowplow and after I quit recording I had an encounter with some granite rocks on my driveway. A plastic plow blade with metal wear blade would have bent. Anyway, for those thinking the 570 is not enough machine, here's proof it is more than capable.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wish I was out there with my snowmobile. That would have been fun to rip around in.
Just behind us is a great snowmobile trail and then of course there are miles and miles of hills to ride

·
Registered
20 Posts
this was an extremely helpful post!!
i too am looking at either a 570 or 900 ranger and its clear here that a 570 can easily plow lots of snow!

just curious, what was the clicking sound in the video? gear changes?
and this showed me that having the windshield wiper is important too :)

how was it plowing up hill? any issues there?
curious as we live in a similar place here in sweden, but our hill is only 200m long but just as steep if not more.

ps, if you take more vids of the snow plowing, i'd love to watch them!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this was an extremely helpful post!!
i too am looking at either a 570 or 900 ranger and its clear here that a 570 can easily plow lots of snow!

just curious, what was the clicking sound in the video? gear changes?
and this showed me that having the windshield wiper is important too :)

how was it plowing up hill? any issues there?
curious as we live in a similar place here in sweden, but our hill is only 200m long but just as steep if not more.

ps, if you take more vids of the snow plowing, i'd love to watch them!
The clicking sound was rocks on the blade. Our driveway is built over granite rocks and even though we have road base covering, occasionally the underlying granite rocks will catch the blade. I also have a video plowing up hill in this same snow and the 570 had no issues. Also, the altitude is no issue on the fuel injected 570 as we live at 8600'.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
How fast were you going in the uphill video? Seemed like you were moving right along. That's great. Low range I assume since you are plowing?

Have you had a chance to do any regular uphill runs with your machine yet not plowing? Curious to see how it does. Also, would you have to run up that hill in low range even if you aren't plowing?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm thinking I was going 10-12 MPH, maybe 15MPH plowing up hill and it was not an issue for the 570. I have gone up the hill at speeds faster than I would recommend. I would not try to go up my hill in High range just because it is very steep and I wouldn't want to risk damaging my belt.

·
Registered
20 Posts
am starting to think a 570 is good enough for my needs but i do like that 3 people can sit in a 900 even if its only 5cm wider.
ps, thanks for all the info!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts