Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchase a 2017 North Star crew, I would like to put side mirrors on to make it easier to see.
Any body have any ideas or sources for mirrors.

Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Purchase a 2017 North Star crew, I would like to put side mirrors on to make it easier to see.

Thanks
i just uploaded a post hear with a couple of pictures of the unit. first attemp which i didnt like and then the last one i stayed with. just search this forum for ranger with mirrors.

·
Premium Member
2022 NS Trail Boss
172 Posts
My dealer said Polaris mirrors won't be available until January, so I'm looking for options. He also said that the passenger side mirror is a little difficult to see from the driver's side and I'd have to lean back to use it.

Does anyone have any passenger side mirror suggestions so I wouldn't have to lean back to use it?

·
Registered
2017 Ranger Crew Northstar 6" lift 15" wheels with 32's
81 Posts

Thanks
I have a 2017 ranger northstar also. I was looking for a mirror and ended up with these.

I used the Seizmik mirrors https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FMYZHTC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The bolts that came with them worked to get to the sheet metal reinforcement. So far they are staying on and working well. The passenger one is hard to see and could use to be positioned back an inch or so

. I sort of followed this process
and

They are pretty light so one bolt is holding them in place pretty good. The guy in the video says he needed longer bolts. The newer ranger must have a different inside door. The one I have just has sort of a molded carpet like material that I was able to pull back to get the bolt into the hole I drilled. So if yours is the same as mine the bolts that came with it will work. another millimeter or two on the bolts would be nice but you don't need the long ones he suggested. But if you do I bought two of the bolts he recommended and would sell them to you. I think on the passenger side the closer you can get the mirror to the window the better. Mine is useable but it isn't ideal on the passenger side. I tried to space them symmetrically on either side of the vehicle.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood
Wheel Tire Cloud Vehicle Sky
Hood Automotive tire Finger Fender Bumper
Wood Finger Gas Metal Fixture

Reactions: brmccolley

·
Registered
2021 Polaris Ranger XP1000 Northstar Ultimate
101 Posts
I finally got tired of waiting to the OEM Polaris mirrors to arrive at the dealer. I installed the Seizmik 18073 Pursuit mirrors. I like the look of them. The head will fold back or forward if you hit something. The actual mirror is adjustable inside of the mirror housing. Like the OEM Polaris mirrors, you do have to lean back just a bit to see the side of your SxS. I added a small round convex mirror to closest to the window. That cured the small blind spot.

Once I got the special bolt from Fastenal, the installation only took a couple of minutes per side.

Seizmik mirrors have a lifetime warranty. If anything is ever broken for any reason, the part is replaced at no cost. My kit came with the wrong back place cover (The word Seizmik was backwards). A simple email and a photo was all it took to get a replacement part.

·
Premium Member
2022 NS Trail Boss
172 Posts
Yesterday I visited the dealership to inspect my 22 NS TB. The salesperson had previously said my Polaris side view mirrors would not be available until January. He showed me the Seizmik options. Then he put Polaris cab mirrors on the side of the doors to see what the visibility from the driver’s seat along the passenger side. The Polaris mirror has a longer arm that is angled slightly rearward to allow better direct visibility than the Seizmik mirror options. The Polaris mirror seems to be slightly larger, but I didn’t lay them on top of each other for comparison.

I told the salesperson that I would wait for the Polaris mirrors as I use tow behind implements.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yesterday I visited the dealership to inspect my 22 NS TB. The salesperson had previously said the Polaris side view mirrors would not be available until January. He showed me the Seizmik options. Then he set the Polaris cab mirrors on the side of the doors to see what the visibility from the driver’s seat along the passenger side. The Polaris mirror has a longer arm that is angled slightly rearward to allow better direct visibility than the Seizmik mirror options. The Polaris mirror seems to be slightly larger, but I didn’t lay them on top of each other for comparison.

I told the salesperson that I would wait for the Polaris mirrors as I use tow behind implements.
the Seizmik ones I have work good on the drivers side for me. The passenger side would be better with a little positioning back. I don't tow anything I just wanted to see where my extended wheels were and what was behind me while driving. I think Seizmik makes an elongated one that would probably work better on the passenger side. I have a really tight garage stall so I was looking to minimize the mirror extention, not outside of the wheels.
Keep us posted when you get those installed. I have a 2022 on order so I am looking at options for that one too.

Reactions: Neil

·
Registered
2021 Polaris Ranger XP1000 Northstar Ultimate
101 Posts
the Seizmik ones I have work good on the drivers side for me. The passenger side would be better with a little positioning back. I don't tow anything I just wanted to see where my extended wheels were and what was behind me while driving. I think Seizmik makes an elongated one that would probably work better on the passenger side. I have a really tight garage stall so I was looking to minimize the mirror extention, not outside of the wheels.
Keep us posted when you get those installed. I have a 2022 on order so I am looking at options for that one too.
Have you seen the installation instructions for the Polaris mirrors. I was afraid that they may eventually break the plastic parts on the doors.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Have you seen the installation instructions for the Polaris mirrors. I was afraid that they may eventually break the plastic parts on the doors.
I haven't looked at the polaris ones yet. Is that on utube or polaris website?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts