Polaris Ranger Forum banner

Is the contest a good idea?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are doing a monthly RZR and Ranger Contest to pick out the top Ranger & RZR's on this site. Don't worry stock guys we will not leave you out. We will come up with a contest for stock class as well. We are looking for modified Ranger and RZR's. The mods can be anything from homegrown fabrications to store bought mods. I will lean to some of the homegrown mod's as this can help everyone on a low budget. So you get the drift, and if you would like to see your Ranger or RZR become #1 please post up. Here is the rules.

We will take everyone's Ranger and RZR who post it up. We will then narrow it down to 10 members. We will then start a poll and let everyone decide who's got the best out of 10 . The winner will be contacted and will receive some type of prize for entering. At this point it could be a tire repair kit, tow strap, stickers, or whatever else I can get gathered up. This should be fun. We will take this month to get all the post gathered up, the last week of the month I will start a topic called Top Ten and then everyone can vote. Please post all your pictures here. There will be no need to repost pictures as we will take the top ten from this topic every time. If you win top ten then you can't win it again for 1 year.

Post up those rides!!!!

·
Registered
185 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright this started as a Monthly Contest, I think everyone should keep posting up your pictures and I will do a drawing at the end of Jan. Then every month after that I will come back to this post for a new monthly winner. What do you think about that?

·
Registered
12 Posts
top 10

I've got to win the entire Ranger category after going 80 degrees vertical yesterday. The Grizzley bear in my reciever hitch was smashed when we went vertical. Picture to follow.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Here is an Ultra Stock 2007 500 carb. Just picked this up, 4 years old with 11 hours on it. The p.o. added nothing, looks like it did when new. Already ordered some "stuff". Waiting for the UPS guy to bring the goodies:)

Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Looks like someone added a rear view mirror.

This is funny, I got my 2006 500 (carb) 4x4 in March. It belonged to my employer, who passed away in March. When he died, it only had 11.5 hours on it.

It looks a lot like yours, the only things he had added were a plastic Polaris hard top, and a Polaris ladder rack. I've since added a Lexan windshield and soft rear windshield, and have a winch on the way.

I had to super-clean the carb to get it running since it sat so much, and also had to put in a new battery (the third one it's had).

If you want some soft doors for your Ranger, I have a pair listed in the For Sale section for $100 obo.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Good eyes! Very similar story, for sure. I dealt with the wife, the husband fading fast. Bought it on Friday and he passed Sunday. The wife mentioned he added the rear view mirror. It did start right up, to my surprise (she stated that they would start it once in a while) and I drove it home. Bogged down at fast speed a couple of times, but by the time I got home I could not duplicate it. Do notice a drip outta the carb drain tube when I park it in the garage. I got a windshield on order through Cabelas, and a soft-top, soft rear window, seat cover, and grab handles (my wife likes those) on order. Actually,
I checked out the doors you got for sale yesterday. I think with the shield and top I will be all set. Thinking of taking it to the local dealer and have him do the first service and go over it for anything I missed. After that I will try to deal with it.

Bob

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
>>Do notice a drip outta the carb drain tube when I park it in the garage.<<

Yeah, mine did that before the carb cleaning. The main jet was completely plugged and it would only run when choked. Sounds like a great machine.

What was the damage? I paid $4k for mine.

·
Registered
41 Posts
You did a LOT better than me, 6K. They wanted 7. I thought 6 was a fair price, few side x sides seem to make it to the used market, it seems. I'm happy with what I got.

Bob

·
Registered
41 Posts
Seeing as it was a basically new machine, I think you did fine. And you helped them out when finances were probably pretty tight for them.
Thanks, I kinda needed that after hearing what you paid (with the ladder rack no less). They did seem to be behind the 8 ball with bills, and, like I said, I think it was a fair price. Probably could have low-balled them and got it cheaper, but fair is good.

p.s. I think the ladder rack is a nice feature. My opinion is that you should NOT sell yours. (saw your post on the subject). Just my .02 worth.

Bob

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Thanks, I tend to agree on the ladder rack.

I worked for this guy (original owner of my Ranger) for 22 years, it was a small company and I started on the ground floor. In recent years I spent almost 13 years doing his drafting (AutoCAD) from my home. I was basically the second man in the business, though I wasn't involved in operations except for drafting, which included QC for the field crews' work. Anyhow, we had a long history, so his widow gave me a deal on the Ranger.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you start from scratch with the fiberglass work? PrBox makes a great fiberglass top with built in wiring, speaker holes, sterio, etc. A bit pricey though.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts